Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Praetor

Noisy Weapons

Plasma Gun.........omg. Fortunately it was fixed in the PSX version, not the same thing with the chainsaw...but it's a chainsaw I know...

"POP-POP... POPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOP!"

"WOIT... WOIWOIWOIWOIWOIWOIWOIWOIWOIWOIWOIWOIT!"

Also let us not forget the Chaingun.

Unbeknownst to many players, it actually isn't the bullets that do the damage to the monsters, so much as it is the sound barrier exploding in their ears causing irreparable internal damage.

I'll take the original plasma over the chaingun any day. At least it sounds like you're wrecking havoc and not popping popcorn.

At least when you stop firing the plasma gun it goes quiet. The chainsaw ALWAYS makes a sound unless you switch to another weapon.

>Take out loud ass Chainsaw

>Nobody notices

>Take out fist

>Punch air

>Everything around me hears and begins the attack

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY I BOTHER

You know what, are there any mods that actually make the Plasma Gun, Chainsaw, and the Chaingun less annoying to hear?

30 minutes ago, Praetor said:

>Take out loud ass Chainsaw

>Nobody notices

>Take out fist

>Punch air

>Everything around me hears and begins the attack

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY I BOTHER

Doomguy punches the air sooooo hard that it creates a sound only audible to demons.

Why does chaingunner and spider mastermind have awesome rapid shotgun firing sounds for their chainguns, but for the player, we get rapid fire pew pew pew sounds?

Just now, Piper Maru said:

Why does chaingunner and spider mastermind have awesome rapid shotgun firing sounds for their chainguns, but for the player, we get rapid fire pew pew pew sounds?

The biggest issue I have with the sounds is that if I try to replace the Chaingun sound, it also replaces the pistol sound since they both are shared. I lack the knowledge needed to make a mod to split the two sounds. :L

chainsaw sound is not that bad when you fixing monster body with this but the plasma gun... i think they should write some kind of warning message :-) but at least they fix the sound in psx version. i'm not going to forget the first moment when i fire from plasma gun.

you can do this easily via decorate and sndinfo lump

@Praetor

On 10/20/2017 at 6:39 PM, Piper Maru said:

Spidey's chaingun is actually a rapid fire shotgun (something I learned long ago when looking up the monster and its attacks using Dehacked), which explains both the sound and the way it utterly decimates you if you get too close to her.

As for the plasma gun, I've always been a fan of sound mods that replace the plasma gun sound with that of an old-school laser cannon.

On 10/23/2017 at 6:41 AM, Marlamir said:

chainsaw sound is not that bad when you fixing monster body with this but the plasma gun... i think they should write some kind of warning message :-) but at least they fix the sound in psx version. i'm not going to forget the first moment when i fire from plasma gun.

you can do this easily via decorate and sndinfo lump

@Praetor

Can you explain to a dingus?

:3

4 hours ago, Praetor said:

Can you explain to a dingus?

:3

Get an editing program- SLADE is probably best.

Create a new .wad with it. Make a sndinfo lump and define sounds for weapons/pistol and weapons/chngun.

There's a LOT of documentation on the ZDoom Wiki, including slade tutorials.

My ears must've been rendered immune to the horribleness of those sounds, because I'm not feeling my ears bleeding when listening to them and I feel no discomfort of any kind either.

Only plasma gun sound I ever disliked was the Doom64 plasma gun's idle noise and I hated that sound; really made me want to avoid using it at all costs.

Just for clarification: I was referring to the constant "Bzzzzzzzzt" sound that plays during the Doom64 Plasma Gun's "Ready" state - the firing sound itself is excellent.

In vanilla, no, but in ZDoom, the sounds of the plasma rifle, chainsaw, and tropes of arachnotrons doing anything other than dying, are horribly annoying. Also, tropes of monsters with chainguns shooting like crazy is funny but ear-raping. Oh and a hundred rockets colliding at the same time, I urge a surgery after that.

On 28. 10. 2017 at 0:47 PM, dsm said:

Just for clarification: I was referring to the constant "Bzzzzzzzzt" sound that plays during the Doom64 Plasma Gun's "Ready" state - the firing sound itself is excellent.

Ohh you mean this one, srry i misunderstood but yeah this one is definitely not satysfying sound

No worries, the thread topic refers to firing noises; I kinda sorta went slightly off-topic, so your confusion is fairly understandable :P