Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

Since I already made a post in this thread about my maps, would it be bad form if I were to start a new thread introducing it in the wads subforum?

I don't think anyone would mind if you showed whatever other Doom related content you were working on, especially if it looked good.

18 hours ago, CeeJay said:

So, this is just exclusivley for maps being made?

If it answers the question, "Where's all the data?" ...then it is more than acceptable here. (IMO)

This is my current work on having a large map that randomises itself and updates the playfield as you go along. I previously did this with sectors that changed height, and did some testing with polyobject walls, but have settled on a pre-defined grid of linedefs with corresponding tids. An overall map works out the roads and positions of tile types, and then spawns in models as buildings, and sets the correct walls to blocking, then drops in items. Currently when you refresh the map, the dropped items are removed, but it would be great to store their locations as an array to allow you to walk back too. this is still in testing at the moment, but it is being added to the main mod as I go along

Sorry for some reason the first image wont resize in imgur

. I kept tying but...nothing.

apZwTNL.png?1

eHeX3pG.png?1

On 10/29/2017 at 0:09 AM, YukiRaven said:

elPAUP6.png

Every image you post here is amazing! Have you published any wads in this style?

Started to transform the remaining decorations into 3D models as many are still untouched in Hunter's Moon:
hICmIcJl.jpg

2 hours ago, Szymanski said:

Vanilla Doom2 map in E4 style. Help required!

Try some new textures? ;-)

On 30/6/2017 at 1:04 PM, Mikami41 said:

Im making a doom 2 WAD called Lust for killing.

Im also totally new about making wads and maps (also programming) and im totally new about this community, so i want to know everything, good or bad, i would be thankful if you let me know about it

I'm glad that i changed a lot about my doom structure. I post this here because it was my first post ever and i ended making this project

Screenshot_Doom_20171107_030640.png

nntitle.png.d736d2c788800c930873dfa0b8197587.png

I created this single map replacement this summer and I will be releasing V2 in december, after a few edits, mostly on ammo distribution and some very minor gameplay changes, if anyone is interested in running through it for additional comments before I re-edit it is appreciated : )

You can download the wad on my website zerolizer.net

nns6.png.f8214a3f9a96eb386341b1539e510921.pngnns1.png.78e9dcd222c69fc95c6d4ce9980ff32f.pngnns7.png.c5e38b4154d015bd7cc9eb88022d38fd.png

tfw all you have is concept art and no actual levels yet :( 

really enjoying these screenshots tho!

2 hours ago, tourniquet said:

bending vanilla limits, successfully

Do you make it straight then copy and paste it to be diagonal? I made a diagonal series of rooms once and it was pretty messy to finish though it was probably because of all the detailing I did