Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

5 hours ago, Baratus said:

I've found my musical interests drifting from the intense metal side more towards a chill, synthy electronic direction. Makes sense as I'm frequently stressed and use music to calm myself down, and 80's inspired synthwave seems to be most effective for me.

Funnily enough, I've done pretty much the opposite over the past year or so, though every now and then I'll go back and listen to some synthwave. There's still some releases there that I'm looking forward to. For the most part, though, I've just been searching around for metal and finding some pretty interesting stuff.

6 hours ago, Baratus said:

I've found my musical interests drifting from the intense metal side more towards a chill, synthy electronic direction. Makes sense as I'm frequently stressed and use music to calm myself down, and 80's inspired synthwave seems to be most effective for me.

I've been looking for more music like this. Resonance was such a good track. Never bothered to look at more of HOME. This one is good.

------------------

On a side note, Spotify introduced me to a groove-metalcore band called Johari. Their clean vocalist is one of the best I've ever heard. And apparently he's some popular FPS streamer for military sims and shit. Pretty damn cool.

And the shark, it has tears

And they run down its face

But the shark lives in the water

So no one sees the tears

In the depths it is lonely

And so many a tear flows

And that is why the water In the seas is salty

hah ^. The WC ost has been a staple playlist for me.

Similarly, been chuckin' through other lolsy stuff, like The Hacker discography, and some Ed Rec compilations:

Yeah WC is a track i'll never get tired listening to, i could basicly say the same about the whole STADE3 EP :D

The Hacker is defintely a must listen, ED REC 100 was a rather disapointing compilation though.

Not sure if this one is fully availabe on youtube but it's my #1 ED REC Sampler and definitely worth a listen.

22 hours ago, NuMetalManiak said:

False Idol is looking up so far. Loving this one the most.

This album bored me. Eclipse was amazing, Matriarch was pretty good, this one was meh and VoM is one of my favorite bands. Most of these bands have just been putting out boring stuff lately. Make them Suffer, ABR, and Silverstein are some of the very few bands that seem to get better with age. All these others are getting too...uninteresting.... 

Open up your pocketbook
Get another quarter out
Drop it in the meter, mama
Try me on for size!!!