Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WARDUST

How to aply HD texture in a new wad

Hi!

I'm doing a pack of HD textures for Heretic. I think everything it's ok but when i play in a custom map, with some custom textures (Ex: Curse of disparil) the extra textures in the wad don't recognice the HD ones in the pk3.

It's there something special to do?

here some pics. In the first you can se the water flag without changes. in the second the water texture changed.

b3suog.jpg

2qv4dhv.jpg

Also i'm editing the Heretic resource pack models, making diferences in normal and leader monsters etc:

2hpkl0y.jpg

fqkg4.jpg

I can't fix missing effects on items but the monsters are corrected

Thanks in advance!

Probably something to do with that water being used as a flat instead of a texture. You will have to replace the flat too.

It's a flat yes. This texture has the same name in the pk3 and the wad. It,s in the pk3 hires flat folder and also it's in the hires texture folder.

In jdoom you need put a command: -pwadtex

I don't know if in gzdoom there is something similar...

Thanks!

Guest Unregistered account

I have no idea how to help, but it's worth noting that flats designed for the scrolling effect (like the waterflow) are actually 64x65 (or vice-versa) in dimensions to get around some programming quirk. That's likely partly the cause.

4 hours ago, Kapanyo said:

I have no idea how to help, but it's worth noting that flats designed for the scrolling effect (like the waterflow) are actually 64x65 (or vice-versa) in dimensions to get around some programming quirk. That's likely partly the cause.

mmm...

In the wad the texture appears in 64x64 (anyway, proved 64x65, viceversa, 64x64, 512x512... no luck). I see there is no problem with other textures or flats, but like you say, the scrolling effect ones has this rare problem in this wad.

Sorry, but all I can say is "you did something wrong." Without the actual file there's not much left aside from guessing.

You must have the file if you're using it to run with Heretic.

A flat texture is a flat texture, all other flat textures are working in your screenshot, the difference is that the water flat texture is meant to be animated and the others are not. Therefore the "texture name" will need to be identical to the original or the engine won't know what to do with it, OR the script that you have setup for Doomsday needs to point to the texture name and each frame in which it needs to animate.

Its been awhile since I've messed with Doomsday, the flat texture name may need to have an f at the beginning of it or the f may need to be a capitalized F.  

Aside from that, what Graf was saying is that we would need to look at the file our self in order to help you solve the problem.

Can you host it/upload the texture set as well as its script somewhere so we can have a look?

Edited by Mr.Rocket

8 hours ago, Mr.Rocket said:

You must have the file if you're using it to run with Heretic.

A flat texture is a flat texture, all other flat textures are working in your screenshot, the difference is that the water flat texture is meant to be animated and the others are not. Therefore the "texture name" will need to be identical to the original or the engine won't know what to do with it, OR the script that you have setup for Doomsday needs to point to the texture name and each frame in which it needs to animate.

Its been awhile since I've messed with Doomsday, the flat texture name may need to have an f at the beginning of it or the f may need to be a capitalized F.  

Aside from that, what Graf was saying is that we would need to look at the file our self in order to help you solve the problem.

Can you host it/upload the texture set as well as its script somewhere so we can have a look?

Yes. But this problem it's on GzDoom. Anyway, vanilla game textures are completed. This afternoon i will upload it to moddb with the extra flat non-working.

Regards! And thanks!

Post a stripped down minimal version of your mod. We no not need all the other wall textures and flats - just something that replaces maybe one wall texture and one flat correctly and doesn't handle the water texture as you would expect.

5 hours ago, Graf Zahl said:

Post a stripped down minimal version of your mod. We no not need all the other wall textures and flats - just something that replaces maybe one wall texture and one flat correctly and doesn't handle the water texture as you would expect.

Oky!

here it is: http://www.moddb.com/mods/wardust-heretyc-pack-modifications/downloads

You can find the complete pack and the unique 4 texture flats for the curse of disparyl wad (the texture appears in the third map of the wad)

here a screenshot of XWE and the pk3: 5uisy9.png

Thanks! and regards!

.You missed one texture. The one named FLTFLWR1 is not present in your mod and that's precisely the one that's being used here.

4 hours ago, Graf Zahl said:

.You missed one texture. The one named FLTFLWR1 is not present in your mod and that's precisely the one that's being used here.

but this flat it's a little rare for me. When selected In XWE the only i can see it's a lot of numbers:

12478df.jpg

Mr.Rocket, V8? a motor? i'm from Spain man, i can't understand you :-P

That flat is just FLTFLWW1 rotated by 90 degrees. I think XWE's problems come from the 64x65 pixel size so it will fail common identification.

31 minutes ago, Graf Zahl said:

That flat is just FLTFLWW1 rotated by 90 degrees. I think XWE's problems come from the 64x65 pixel size so it will fail common identification.

Bingo!

2a99xkk.png

Thanks a lot guys! :-)

6 hours ago, WARDUST said:

Mr.Rocket, V8? a motor? i'm from Spain man, i can't understand you :-P

Ah, V8 is a vegetable drink. There use to be a television commercial that when something went wrong, they would smack their self on the head and say "I could have had a V8"..

So I granted you one, so now you don't need one. :P

Actually, in this case, Graf granted you one.

Glad you got it worked out!

Cheers