Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

Boring

What was the most boring day you ever had? Like you got on the computer, got on the Internet, got bored as all hell, went into your level editor, couldn't get anything done, got on AIM, no one to talk to, went to Doomworld, nothing doing there, went to Something Awful, nothing to read there, and generally it was a boring day?

If so, tell us about it.

there have been a few for me, waiting on a delayed plane in florida. driving to florida. waiting to buy final doom. and some days in school. however no single event come to mind right now

Waiting in the Bangor, Maine airport for eight hours for a storm-delayed puddle-jumper to Boston. The entirety of the Bangor airport is about as large as my residence hall.

The time I went on holiday with my family to visit some relatives up north in Cairns. My relatives are those kinds of people who only have a TV to watch the news, and any other time it must remain off. So even though I’d had the foresight to bring the PSX, I could not use it. Bad manners you know. They also had to very young children, you know, the extremely annoying kind? The kind of people I tend to avoid every chance I get? Which meant I was stuck in my room that was basically a brick shed with a mattress on the floor. I got so board the I went to the beach… Which is something I rather not go into.

IMJack said:

Waiting in the Bangor, Maine airport for eight hours for a storm-delayed puddle-jumper to Boston. The entirety of the Bangor airport is about as large as my residence hall.

Heh, you can probably drive from Bangor to Boston in less than half that time.

If that flight had been on time, we would have had a few hours to chill in Boston before taking a non-stop back to Salt Lake. As it was, we missed our flight by five minutes. Five fucking minutes.

There was a huge line of people waiting at the airport help desk to book a room for the night. My dad was already pissed, but he spotted a Delta clerk standing by herself. He started talking to her; she started working. That lady found us an indirect route back to Salt Lake within five minutes, and managed to get us to a plane waiting in queue to take off. We ended up going from Boston to Las Vegas via Indianapolis, and then catching a red-eye from Vegas back to Salt Lake. We made it home about 15 hours later than we had planned, but it beats the hell out of slumming overnight in Boston. And that Delta clerk was a godsend; my old man never writes cheesy personal thank-you letters short of witnessing a miracle.

Anyway, enough about my personal travel hell. :)

Being bogged down in a traffic jam on the way to a Jean Michel Jarre concert. It was a seven kilometre drive, but took three frigging hours! My walk speed is faster. And i had stood in line for the bus to take me there for 2 hours already.

What really made the trip total hell was that bunch of mouthy Danes in the back of the bus who complained constantly about everything while shouting abuses at the bus driver. It really got on my nerves and it spoiled the mood of the friend I was travelling with so much that he was not up for the concert when we finally arrived.

Of course all this was remedied by the concert being totally fantastic. Yeah, I know we were standing in knee-deep (no exaggeration) mud on some godforsaken field in northern Jutland and yeah, I know it was raining cats and dogs through the final half of the concert. But the sound was crystal clear and he played some of his less common but better pieces like Oxygene part 2, Equinoxe part 7 and Magnetic Fields part 1 (in a really cool up-dated version).

Getting home was an absolute mess due to general traffic chaos, overturned buses, bogged down cars and delayed trains, but I got home in one mud-encrusted piece.

Insomniac said:

Being 16, having no car, no money, no job, no girlfriend, no life, no internet.

Oh wait, that was today

No Internet, how the hell could you post that message then?
:P