Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

Somehow Lacrimosa came out with an album in 2015 that I only found out about a few months ago:

Not embarrassed to admit I've listened to this track a couple hundred times since then.

14 hours ago, Lüt said:

Somehow Lacrimosa came out with an album in 2015

Still remember some of their 90's albums but lost interest in this genre later on. Yet nice to see that they still exist.

On 01/11/2017 at 10:27 PM, TheEndOfUs said:

*ataxia*

Yes! I love Frusciante solo stuff very much, incredibly deep music. Not many musicians have such an effect on me. Inside of Emptiness is probably one of my all time favourite albums. Some of my favourite tracks:

1 hour ago, tourniquet said:

Still remember some of their 90's albums but lost interest in this genre later on. Yet nice to see that they still exist.

I wasn't a fan of their early stuff. Stille was the first album that genuinely caught my attention with some truly good stuff... and a couple mediocre-to-bad tracks too. One of the best was a b-side on the Stolzes Herz single - Ich Bin Der Brennende Komet. Elodia was quite good, but the symphonics were a twinge generic despite their impressive complexity. Fassade had a great sound, but was rather simplistic compared to Elodia. Echos combined the two into what I consider to be their best album by a significant margin, although its softness and subtlety can easily slip by casual listeners. After that it was generally downhill - they lost the big orchestra for session players and keyboard samples, the vocalists never got better, and in fact often worse, their production quality declined, and even though there's been a few tracks that make their way onto my favorites list (such as the above and the 15-minute opening track Mondfeuer), the days of looking forward to a new Lacrimosa release passed many years ago.

I got into an industrial electro-metal kick about 2 or 3 years ago, and that's been my main style since then. Random example: