Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaido

Mystery 1 demos [-complevel 9]

54 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Link to download and some additional info would be nice for this thread though ;-)

That's a fine idea, but I'm afraid it would ruin the mystery.

Its good to see people actually posting demos

Mystery 1 Map5 UV-Max in 59:31

GUYS! Its an easy wad , some trying to convince yourselves its impossible or that its a chillax replica . I am hoping you guys can record demos so that you can beat my original non-risk time . 

my05-5931.zip

It's a Chillax replica only in reference to the layout and texture usage, their are many rooms which are ripped straight out and heavily modified to provide a different experience, as far as difficulty is concerned, it's nothing like Chillax as health and ammo is very generous. That being said it's a slaughter wad, so I doubt it would be considered easy by the majority of players, also not sure if the common consensus of judging difficulty is based on whether saves are used or not, this is certainly easy with saves but would probably be beyond playable for most if doing each map saveless.

Skipping 02 for the time being, sorry Yousuf but your design choice was very poor, making a meme out of Invul fights and basing most of the level around this gimmick, slaughter fights are boring with Invuls where your just clearing out a flood of enemies, the correct use is to make it into a time trial, where you need to take out a swarm quickly or you'll be overwhelmed when it runs out, but here your just cleaning up hordes of enemies in very symmetrical and boring layouts. That long red hallway full of Hellknights which went on for an eternity was a hideous chore to playthrough, hold down the fire button and move back and forth, a boring map I'm afraid :/

03 is pretty kewl, close quarters and intense! :)

MAP03 - UV-Max in 21:29

my03-2129.zip

On 11/5/2017 at 1:05 AM, Bloodite Krypto said:

Skipping 02 for the time being, sorry Yousuf but your design choice was very poor, making a meme out of Invul fights and basing most of the level around this gimmick, slaughter fights are boring with Invuls where your just clearing out a flood of enemies, the correct use is to make it into a time trial, where you need to take out a swarm quickly or you'll be overwhelmed when it runs out, but here your just cleaning up hordes of enemies in very symmetrical and boring layouts. That long red hallway full of Hellknights which went on for an eternity was a hideous chore to playthrough, hold down the fire button and move back and forth, a boring map I'm afraid :/

aah well, I totally agree this map 02 is very ugly. This was my 2nd map I made and it looked even more shitty n horrible. Honestly saying this map still sucks :D But I'm very glad to see you guys recording demos for this wad. Thank you very much for the feedback, I really appreciate it :)

2 hours ago, Yousuf Anik said:

aah well, I totally agree this map 02 is very ugly. This was my 2nd map I made and it looked even more shitty n horrible. Honestly saying this map still sucks :D But I'm very glad to see you guys recording demos for this wad. Thank you very much for the feedback, I really appreciate it :)

Your welcome :) I'm glad you didn't take my criticism the wrong way, if you intend to make future levels I hope you implement Invuls in the way I described ;) I think 02 would have been more interesting if it didn't use as many Invuls and featured locks in which trap the player in a room, then you would encounter fights where your under pressure to kill enemies quickly or risk being overwhelmed, that's the type of slaughter I find the most appealing, rather then tedious holding the fire button down and moving back and forth in a big, open area, their is no challenge and it becomes boring as a result.

2 hours ago, Yousuf Anik said:

Superb demo!!

Thank you :) At first I thought this level wouldn't be so bad to speedrun, but it proved to be frustrating and quite an ordeal in many respects :D

MAP05 - UV-Max in 56:33

my05-5633.zip

This was recorded on 16th November 2017 and is a first exit, but I was very unhappy with the time and didn't upload it as I know I can do better and wanted to run the map again, but my interest hasn't returned as of yet.

I didn't practice the finale as much as I should have, so poor invul use meant I wasted a lot of time. This should be in the mid 40's ideally.

Also I doubt I'll record 06 as I find it's the most boring map in the set. The key flaw is their are no lock ins, so you can retreat from most fights to a safer position and their's no pressure as a result, I played 45 minutes in then quit in disappointment.