Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

Recommend me Anime!

I'm looking for anime to watch with my brother,he uses them to help him sleep but recently he couldn't sleep that well because we all out of anime to watch.

So help me find some super specific anime to watch with him! :D

Rules:

No child main characters (he can't stand children in any kind of media)

No cutesy artstyle (so you can't recommend 99% of anime XD )

No pederast shit >:O (series full of fanservice or weird shit like pedophilia and incest)

No covoluted plots (he is half asleep when we watch anime so lotgh levels of dialogue are a bit too much)

Nothing that well known (berserk,hnk etc.. we already watched most of them)

No movies (we need series that last long)

Hope you can help me C:

Edited by SOSU

Patlabor is a pretty fun police mecha that is quite realistic and has some great chemistry between the characters.

Samurai Champloo ? Or maybe some... wait no... hmm... crap. Well you are not making this any easier.

Just now, Praetor said:

Fist of the North Star.

>:O

"Nothing that well known (berserk,hnk etc.. we already watched most of them)"

hnk=Hokuyo no Ken=Fist of the north star >:/

1 minute ago, A7MAD said:

highschool dxd

"No pederast shit >:O (series full of fanservice or weird shit like pedophilia and incest)"

>:/

2 hours ago, Ajora said:

Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade

Monster

I really enjoyed Monster (that school part with the detective dragged on a little though) but man did Jin-Roh put me to sleep and made me groan (maybe I was just antsy but oh well).

Uhm... Slayers, Sailor Moon (not Crystal of course and wow I saw every single episode of the first series which was like 200 episodes just a few months ago :P), Bartender (mm classy OST), Big O, Gun X Sword, Read Or Die, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho (comfy)

Edited by SuperCupcakeTactics

26 minutes ago, SuperCupcakeTactics said:

I really enjoyed Monster (that school part with the detective dragged on a little though) but man did Jin-Roh put me to sleep and made me groan (maybe I was just antsy but oh well).

Uhm... Slayers, Sailor Moon (not Crystal of course and wow I saw every single episode of the first series which was like 200 episodes just a few months ago :P), Bartender (mm classy OST), Big O, Gun X Sword, Read Or Die, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho (comfy)

I prefer Sailor Moon Crystal over the original. I really don't understand the hate for it.

Just now, Ajora said:

I prefer Sailor Moon Crystal over the original. I really don't understand the hate for it.

I've only seen the first season of Crystal and a little of later episodes for the great Doctor Tomoe and thought it was neato. I said no Crystal because of the hyper pretty shiny cute style :v

36 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

Naruto Shippuden

"Nothing that well known" >:V

I'd like to throw in a recommendation for Ninja Resurrection. It's critically panned to the point of oblivion, but I love it for all its frothing at the mouth insanity. Where else will you see Tokugawa era ninjas transforming into fighter jets, or Jesus Christ transforming into a demonic dragon? 

Also, Gunsmith Cats.

Edited by Ajora

4 minutes ago, Ajora said:

Also, Gunsmith Cats.

Yes infinite times because that's one of my favorites if not THE favorite of mine, and I only saw it for the first time last year (imagine my surprise to find there to be a doom mod based around it when clicking random file on the idgames archive).

I know a cool anime. It's called "the Simpsons" The story of "the Simpsons" follows a man named "Peter Griffin" on his way to fight the evil "Inspector gadget". I highly recommend it

I'm sorry.

To name one this season, Inuyashiki. 

From last season? Made in Abyss. 

I don't know if this will fit in your request, but here I go. 

Wolf's rain

Witch Hunter Robin

Serial Experiments Lain

Trigun

I would recommend Higurashi When They Cry, but you hate kids and cutesy... even if that anime contains disturbing content. 

Besides a few minor child characters in very specific story arcs my favorite anime Black Lagoon will have you covered in terms of a popcorn ride with a little drama and a lot of action and humor. It is pretty violent though and there's a lot of swearing, but there's very little sexuality, so it is an American approved anime. Think Quentin Tarantino if he made an anime.

If you haven't watched it yet, give One Punch Man a spin. One of the few anime shows that always kept me wanting more.

Afirst I was thinking to recommend Haruhi and even Lucky Star... How about Jojo, did you guys watch that already? I know its popular and/or probably mainstream, but frankly that is the only criterie it doesn't fill from your list.

( I am not that good with anime recommendations, I am a "slice of life" fan purely because if I wanna see action or gore I play games :/ )

Hellsing Ultimate, Black Lagoon and (Kill la Kill) JoJo's Bizarre Adventure are pretty fun to watch if you like action.

Monster, Welcome to the NHK, Tatami Galaxy and Kaiba are great if you like more serious stuff (I'd recommend Neon Genesis Evangelion, but that show is convolution incarnate). 

In comedy, there's Detroit Metal City, Great Teacher Onizuka and Inferno Cop.

Although the fact that you've heard of LOTGH probably means you've heard of most good anime already :P

Edited by SGS Man