Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xenos

Blade TC...

I just started getting back into Doom again, and I just finished watching Blade 2 for the first time (loved the original)... and it dawned on me, try finding a Blade TC! But alas, I couldn't find anything. I think it'd be a pretty good idea, with plenty of room for the 7 weapons and all, does anyone know of a TC like this? maybe not even for Doom, but for Quake or DN3D?

i dunno... who's the real Xenos? I've been using the name for a few years... but I just started back into playing Doom...

Epyo said:

Ive never seen the movie. Is it like ninjas and samauris?

no, its vampire stuff, but all modernized, none of that interview w/ the vampire or dracula type stuff...

It's got a lotta cool shit, Blade (wesly snipes) has this guy named Whistler, who's basically like Q is/was to Bond, except its all stuff to kill vampires. Blade 1 & 2 are both pretty good action flicks

check it out: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0120611

they've got a brief synopsis and a trailer for the original

deathz0r said:

wtf, is this the real xenos?

It certainly isn't.

Epyo said:

Ive never seen the movie. Is it like ninjas and samauris?

You're lucky. I wasted a couple of hours watching the first one. It's unintelligent, poorly scripted garbage.

I did rent the movie and I was gunna watch it, but instead I stayed here and read Some of Dsm's and Katarhyne's stories...and I dont regret it one bit. :D

Russell_P said:

You're lucky. I wasted a couple of hours watching the first one. It's unintelligent, poorly scripted garbage.

I disagree. I thought it was an excellent movie.

Xenos said:

no, its vampire stuff.....................

Oh, I cant think of any wads like that

i own both Blade and Blade 2 on dvd and i thought they were both good movies, however for the serious map maker i recomend blade 2. if not for the movie the architecture in 2 is astounding :)

Russell_P

Yep,
my summary:
1. Snipes was just TOO cool; so cool it`s not cool anymore (if you know what I`m saying)
2. Storyline was cliche to the extreme.
3. Blade is a highly overestimated movie.

Maybe the comics are good (if you`re into that) and maybe you can make a good TC round it but IMHO that movie sucked.

m0l0t0v said:

1. Snipes was just TOO cool; so cool it`s not cool anymore (if you know what I`m saying)
2. Storyline was cliche to the extreme.

He he, I think that's why I liked it. A couple of hours of total switch your brain off drivel with a cool guy whupping vampire butt, for no really good reason, backed up by a cool soundtrack.

The story and the logic of the movie (either one) don't hold water if you spend more than a few seconds dissecting them.

Totally pointless, and that's what makes it good. :-)

OK, I'll do the Scarlett O'Hara sprites.

What happened to that Xenos guy... was it just someone messing around? Makes sense, using someone else's nick and posting for a TC on a lame movie...

myk said:

What happened to that Xenos guy... was it just someone messing around? Makes sense, using someone else's nick and posting for a TC on a lame movie...

Oh come on, like Xenos is so original someone else may not have thought of it, please.

myk said:

No, I'm still around.. I've been using this nick for a good 5-6 years now, just never within the doom scene... and i think there's more than enough people that replied to this saying it'd be a good TC

Well, I guess, some people even said it's a good movie (series) in the 'best movies' thread...

I was watching the interview with the director of Blade2 and if you remember the 1st part of the movie where Blade is chasing the vampires down that long corridor with all the side doors and passageways, the director stated that he took that design and feel straight from Doom! He said he loved the feel that it gave.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Yeah, blade 1 and 2 were both just senseless violence-
no story and plenty of ass-kicking. Just the thing if
you need a quick fix for a movie. And if these people
didn't make the Blade movies, who would?

And as for that inspired-by-doom thing, I'd say the
man has quite good taste.

Yo! If anyone wanted me to make a blade 2 TC, but I'd
only produce a demo, not a full 32-level replacement
or anything, I'd do it. It depends how much time I have
on my hands though.

And no, to my great knowledge there are no blade TCs at
the time.