Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMer 4ever

Is there anything you've always wanted to do?

I've always wanted to write a sci-fi book or novel. I even planned an idea of an alien tribe who had programmed a computer program that demostrates the real universe and people in earth would be just part of the program, and their behaviour would be studied for a reason I had not yet found out.

Then I read Hitchhikers Guide To Galaxy, and a bit later saw Matrix. So much for the originality of my idea :(

Well, have you had anything you've wanted to do?

I have always wanted to cast aside the shackels of this meek human form and become something else. Something superhuman, or perhaps not human at all.

Little Faith said:

I have always wanted to cast aside the shackels of this meek human form and become something else. Something superhuman, or perhaps not human at all.

heh. You would enjoy 'BioForge'

Well, I am a bass guitar player so i have always wanted to start a band. When i was younger i wanted to work for id software and ravensoftware. Oh yeah, I would also love to be able to draw like my husband but....

I had character designs and stories drawn up for a comic called 'OrcWar'.
Admittedly inspired by 'Warcraft', it takes place in a near-future Earth - the Orcs of myth invade via portals and raze the planet, leaving human and 'renagade' orcs to fight for freedom.
One of the human character designs (Gabriel Hurt) can be found on the drawings area of my reznor.demon.co.uk]Website.

In other areas, i've had a penchant for singing (though my voice needs more work), as well as writing and pencil drawing in general (see the fanfic section for examples of these).

I've always wanted to do a bungeejump.
And I also really want to write something. Probably a horror-story.

i have always wanted to take over the world. Not really, but a space ship and my own fuck'n planet would be nice. and that planet filled with hot horny women would be better.

I've always wanted to kill a psychopath mass-murderer (or worse).

Seriously though, I've always wanted to be a generally accepted and respected person.

...There's something here which probably gives unpleasant connotations.

Apart from all the normal things one might wish for (esp. more free time), there is one slightly odd thing I have been tempted to do on a few occasions:

In a really serious but pointless meeting, chaired by someone pompous, to shout out some purile obscenity all of a sudden, such as "Hairy nipples!". Just to see what would happen.

I'm currently forming a band, I've always wanted to be a rockstar.

Grazza said:

In a really serious but pointless meeting, chaired by someone pompous, to shout out some purile obscenity all of a sudden, such as "Hairy nipples!". Just to see what would happen.

I did something like that once, everybody just stared at me.

I've always wanted to kill some of the people I hate, but since there's something called laws, I can't and never will. Here's something more reasonable, I've always wanted to shoot a real gun, an automatic weapon perferably. I've also always wanted to program my own game too, perferably in more proffessional language like C++.

I want to write a computer game. I'm trying to do that right now, in Java.

KingKill33: Just so you know, I merged those two posts into one. :)

ravage said:

Aren't you?

In real life: No my dear friend I ain't.
On the forums: It occurs that some people here think that I'm a dick.

I've always wanted to be "cool". Not nasty cool or arrogant cool. Friendly, outgoing, popular cool.

put a high end CPU fan/heatsink on your head, then you will be cool, very cool.

i have always wanted to kill president bush, I expect 3 SS gaurds to come to my home in 2 days for saying this. by SS gaurds i am not talking about nazis, though i bet u could call them that

I want to make hot, passionate love to the woman of my dreams.

...well now that the obvious is out of the way get set for:

The Society Wish: I'd like to be able to let all the prisoners of pop culture free to live fulfilling lives that aren't guided by greed.

The Superpower Wish: I'd choose the power of being able to control time around me like a CD player - being able to slow it down, stop it, rewind it, etc.

The "If I Were Going to Die In 48 hours" Wish: Seeing as i live in a 4-story party mansion which I'd never have the balls to have a party in: i'd have a massive party in it! I'd finish it off by driving off a cliff in a car full of fireworks (The ultimate way to go out with a bang!)

The Most Likely To Happen Wish: I wish i could find a girl suitable to call my girlfriend. Too bad it seems as though:

-60% of them are too caught up in pointless stuff to be of any interest to me.

-40% of them are simply too ugly...I'm sorry, but I still have standards (They're not even that high either...it's just that i live amidst tons and tons of hicks!)

And of that...100% I have accounted for, about half of them seem to be taken. This on top of being moderately shy around the ladies and kinda weird (hehe), skinny (bone structure), pale (genetics...i can't tan) and usually bitter (resentful that i live with all these soulless bastards) makes me one single guy.

...It's probably for the best anyways though. I laugh at the guys who become their girls' bitches ;P

1) I always wanted to write & direct 3 ridiculously-high budget movies:
- A Sci-Fi movie based on some intergallactic conflict, chock full of scenes of MASSIVE battles (think Starcraft meets Starship troopers, meets Warzone, meets W:40k); Plot would be secondary to the pure carnage that would ensue on screen. :)
- A fantasy movie (ala Dragonlance, LOTR, Warcraft) with again, massive battles. w00
- The most depressing, tragic, tear-squeezing, and eye-moistening movie of all time (aka the story of my life). This one wouldn't require too much momeny to make, as the plot would be focal point this time around.
2) Want to be in a band that would combine the sound of my favorite groups (ex. Fear Factory, Opeth, Slipknot, Cryptopsy), and be slightly famous.

That's all I can think of now.

Ya know, speaking of movies. I've always wanted to make a movie like the one I had in my dream... You know, the mookmatch at school? I talked about it in the doomed dreams thread. Anyways, something like a Hong Kong Blood Opera except in english and more violent with a hint of bullet time action! Yeah.. that would be a cool movie. (but it would be senseless and somehow pointless in many ways)

I want to be meaningful.
I want to be heard.
I want to be free.
I want to lay the cute girl down the street.

I won't even begin to attempt to write down what i've always wanted to do. But i've always wanted to released my own Doom project.

I wish I could play any tune on any instrument known to humankind. And I don't mean learn every instrument, I mean just have the knowledge when I wake up one morning.

Come to think of it, I wish I had some kind of non-computer related talent.