Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
_42_

Demon Servant?

If you could choose, which demon would be your bodyguard/servant?  You did conquer Hell, the demons be fair (one could wish), one is to be at our side. Who would it be and why?

Bosses do not count.

For Example: Mine would probably be the Revenant because of the heat seeking rockets. Either that or the Baron.

I made a baron with very high health to summon for fun sometimes for this very reason and back story. Sooooo. yeah...Baron of hell it is.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that he is about half my height...so cute.

Edited by DemonusDefunctus

I would choose a Pinky.I could almost see one acting like a happy wiggly puppy.Very adorable....A girl's perfect pet, makes a great companion.Can also growl and his favorite treats are imps.Yummy!

Edited by grouchbag

It has to be a cacodemon with very high health and a stronger purple ball, cause I like them. 

40 minutes ago, _42_ said:

Bosses do not count.

I doubt anyone except me would choose a Spiderdemon if they can, unless you can fix her manufacturing defects, or a Romero Head, so why not "Cyberdemon doesn't count" instead?... Wait, a Terry Romero Head counts as a boss?

the Archvile seems the most powerful option, though having a Lost Soul following you around seems pretty cool too. A pet demon maybe ?

15 minutes ago, Battle_Korbi said:

'Nuff has a interesting opinion, what about you though?

My initial reasoning was that an imp is humanoid and can navigate the same routes that I use on a daily basis, except it's 300 pounds of solid muscle and spikes, and can throw fireballs.

But then I started thinking about all those rippling muscles and sleek curves, and I just couldn't contain my urge to post a jokey response to the thread.

3 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

It begs the question: Who's the bottom?

Well, my imp protects me, so naturally...

Having a demon to protect you is the pussy way. Be like a man and protect yourself!

Edited by MrD!zone

I want cacodemon as a pet. Because I think they're adorable and even their menancing smile looks cute for me. 

Pain  Elemental, I can sleep while it summons billions of lost souls overnight, demons won't stand a chance once the lost skull flood begins, And best part is I won't even have to move!

The Arch-Vile definitely looks frightening, evil, instills fear in its victims, creates infernal fire with their hands, revives the dead and is hard to kill. Apart from that, he looks great with his demonic extraterrestrial style.

Come on now!!! This question is easy for me! HELL KNIGHT!!! He is fast, while being able to throw fireballs (ok they're green, so I should just call them projectiles), do some decent damage and still be relatively tanky. Plus he has a nice palette (unlike some other pink guy out there)

Then, the Arch-vile would be a very good pick too for a destructive medic (I wouldn't get on his nerves though, because the last thing I want is being flamed to death, revived, flamed again, revived, e.t.c.).

These two are my favourites and they have somewhat normal size for being discreet (yes, demons can't be that much discreet, but still, the smaller ones are surely more discreet than the larger ones and they can excel in a variety of situations). Also, they do not count on machinery and weapons, so accidents will be rarer (how could you randomly throw a fireball or a flame attack, without wanting to?)

By the way, if the Cyberdemon was to be accepted as an option, I still wouldn't pick him. Imagine him firing his launcher accidentally, while near me. I would evaporate. Or what if he stepped on me?

3 hours ago, ShotgunDemolition said:

Or what if he stepped on me?

Ok cybie let's kill those imps wait, what's this shadow around me?

*looks up*

- Uh oh...

Haven’t heard anyone say that the roster is ONLY vanilla Doom, so I’d go with an Afrit (the Scythe 2 Dehacked one, a lot tankier). They’re as strong as barons, multiple different projectiles including revenant missiles, and they fly.

I'd pick Archvile If I die in a car crash or something, he'll resurrect me. If we're going by Zdoom friendly rules where he can't resurrect me, I'll still go with the Archvile. I'd pick revenant but those rockets seem like a hassle to maintain. Hell, maybe I'd be able to have conversations with it.

1 hour ago, Lazorinc said:

Haven’t heard anyone say that the roster is ONLY vanilla Doom, so I’d go with an Afrit (the Scythe 2 Dehacked one, a lot tankier). They’re as strong as barons, multiple different projectiles including revenant missiles, and they fly.

They're actually 2.5 times stronger than barons in Scythe 2, if you're talking about HP.