Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloxxer23

What the heck happened to Doom Touch/D Touch??

5 hours ago, beloko said:

It's nothing exciting, it's just removing the in app downloads from my server so I can save bandwidth. In preparation for new release.

Does that mean that the release is soon?

21 hours ago, beloko said:

It's nothing exciting, it's just removing the in app downloads from my server so I can save bandwidth. In preparation for new release.

That sounds exiting o:

Dynamic lights work for me. Brightmaps didn't.

I have no use for either.

On 03/10/2017 at 0:20 PM, qweqioweuo123 said:

I just had a dream where this was finally released and I was able to play with brightskins and dynamic lights on

Dynamic lights work, not sure about brightmaps

device-2017-10-04-182042.jpg

lmfao

Dude, he is beloko and he is using his in-development version!

Not to mention that enabling dynamic lights won't do it. You also need to load the PK3 file that has the these light definitions.

I'm using the latest official version: 4.1.

On 04/10/2017 at 0:23 PM, beloko said:

Dynamic lights work, not sure about brightmaps

device-2017-10-04-182042.jpg

You can run D4T and see if the eyes of the monster shine (no GL lights at that point) or if the health/armor shine whole (like in software renderer) or only the edges (brightmaps)

This is good, D-Touch is getting updated to Delta-Touch!

Some things I wonder from when I tried to get my game running on Android:

• When I modified my game to work with D-Touch in the past, I think it could run in it, but GZDoom-Android would crash with no error. Not sure if D-Touch skips indicating if any "script errors" occur during startup, but if it didn't, has that been fixed? I would still like to be able to use GZDoom-Android (or make it easy to disable the non-GZDoom source ports in Delta-Touch's source) so I could make my game/TC playable on Android.
  • I purchased D-Touch on Amazon, so will something be given that allows me to move over to Delta-Touch easily?

Edited by Xane123 : Posted early.

I guess I should've tried that when D-Touch would "crash" back to its menu. Basically, there's two different behaviors:

• D-TOUCH: When it fails to start an IWAD for any reason, it returns to the IWAD/source port selection menu.
  • GZDOOM-ANDROID: When it tried anything relating to actually playing a game, it would bring up Android's "app stopped working" dialog.
    (Again, hoping that's fixed someday so Mary's Magical Adventure can have an Android version.)

I feel your pain :( which is why I asked beloko before on this issue.

Use GZDoom on your PC for development. Doing it on D-Touch requires a lot of trial and error and very good proofreading skills. Trust me, I know the pain.

38 minutes ago, Voros said:

I feel your pain :( which is why I asked beloko before on this issue.

Use GZDoom on your PC for development. Doing it on D-Touch requires a lot of trial and error and very good proofreading skills. Trust me, I know the pain.

I will be adding a built-in logcat reader which should save the game output, but also hopefully show some detail in the event of an engine crash, need to test if this works.

Will there be a way to load wads/mods that have spaces? E.g. D4T XtorSpritepack.pk3 won't load because of the spaces. Removing the space will load it.

19 minutes ago, DoodGuy said:

Will there be a way to load wads/mods that have spaces? E.g. D4T XtorSpritepack.pk3 won't load because of the spaces. Removing the space will load it.

Probably not, how does it work on the PC, you need to put quotes around it? Personally I would usually put an underscore in place of all spaces :)

Just put quotes eg

-file "my wad.pk3"

But I prefer underscores all the way, baby.

2 minutes ago, Voros said:

Just put quotes eg

-file "my wad.pk3"

Yes can fix it so it honours quotes when splitting the command line.

14 hours ago, beloko said:

I will be adding a built-in logcat reader which should save the game output, but also hopefully show some detail in the event of an engine crash

That'll work. When Delta-Touch is released, @beloko, tell the person who made GZDoom-Android to update it to your new version.

That last part specifically so you could warn them not to do whatever made their app very unstable compared to D-Touch's normal version which rarely if ever would crash to the home screen. I just hope to be able to comple and release my own version for free. No offense, but I wouldn't want to tell them they have to purchase a separate port. Of course, I'd be interested in Delta-Touch myself.

Edited by Xane123 : Added reason to post.

Glad to see Doom Touch is getting further developed.

Though I have an issue with the old dtouch apk from beloko's website, is it normal to get the update required (0.5mb) note and is impossible to download?

Delta Touch better recognise LMP files too. I hate loading up demos or single lump mods (eg GENMIDI lumps) by typing out the full name.

6 hours ago, egg323 said:

Glad to see Doom Touch is getting further developed.

Though I have an issue with the old dtouch apk from beloko's website, is it normal to get the update required (0.5mb) note and is impossible to download?

we allready talk about that, just go few pages back

First of all, thank you very much Beloko for developing all of this. I registered only to ask the following: I've been trying to set up a PS3 controller to play with, and what I can't seem to get right is running. The analog sticks seems to do the running, but on some levels where you must run to get powerups or whaetver, it becomes very clear you're not running fast enough.

So far I've tried on gzdoom, chocolate and prboom to no avail. Even when I configure some key to run, in game or in app. I've doing something wrong?