Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

On 11/2/2017 at 2:52 AM, Impie said:

When I listen to Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" I sing along with her.

Nice and loud.

I think I'll put this one in my karaoke rotation.

For the past several weeks, I had been sleeping 4-6 hours a night, while on weekends at least 8 hours. As a result, during the first possible pause at college, I take a power nap, that lasts 15 minutes exactly. God knows how many times my colleagues kicked me awake. This week I am rescheduling my off-time to get full 8-hour sleep at night. I might have to cut out my hobbies, but body gives and body asks. No taking without asking, bitch!

Other than that, I get severely annoyed when a good song or something becomes associated with some stupid trend or meme or movement that won't even last that long. For example, "Pumped Up Kicks" became associated to school shootings and memes like that. In itself it is a great song, but god forbid you say you like it or listen to it.

Another example (in my opinion, better one) is Preliator by Globus (or other way around), which is quite a epic and motivational song. Helps that I am quite religious so I like to imagine myself banishing demons with holy swords while doing homework, but look up other versions and in comment sections and then you see shit like:

"#DeusVult2017"

"Fucking muslims will pay"

"Brothers we need another crusade"

I understand that this song is that cool that you would like to kill muslims to it, but please, no. I understand the lyrics of the song (basic knowledge of Latin + just looking it up) and the song isn't about reconquering Jerusalem or attacking muslims (in most actual songs dealing with crusades, demons = muslims), it is literally a prayer with epic orchestral cover behind it. Fuck, the entire band/arrangement is just epic music, ffs. Same goes with other "dank memes" and whatever.

I was ostracized from a gaming group I had got on really well with for several years because of the following reasons:

- The host's wife thought I'd had a crush on her in high school and was trying to creep on her (I didn't, and I wasn't - we interacted in high school once and I've never had any interest in her).

- The group members thought I was trying to dominate the game because I was playing a cleric who wouldn't play along with every amoral or immoral decision the party made, and because I would talk to the dm about character ideas outside of the session, both of which are standard things for any regular rpg player.

- The hosts thought it was rude that I hung around after the sessions were over, despite the fact that everyone else in the group ALSO hung out after the sessions were over. This probably related to the first point about the crush delusion, because I was the only male member of the group who was neither married nor with girlfriend.

The group decided the best way to handle this was to just not invite me to the games anymore, and they told everyone else behind my back what the plan was. One of them at least had enough spine to tell me, and gave me an edited version of events. Later they told my close friends in the group what was up, and they told me the uncensored version because it baffled them as much as it did me. Recently found out that everyone now realizes it was the asshole wife who caused all this and basically ruined our group by projecting her insecurities onto me.

Even talking about the incident illicits visible anger in me. And ever since I've found it difficult to be part of any group because I feel a need to be hypervigilant all the time, and any lack of response from members of the group in question makes me paranoid that I've done something wrong.

@Impie

I've been through similar circumstances twice now. It sucks every time. It almost makes me wish I'd actually done what I was suspected/accused of, because the end result was the same.

I cringe way too much when they put christmas decorations way too early. Only 7 days passed from haloween and all saints day and they already put those decorations. Like, why the heck?

And when real day comes, I just feel tired and drained. Yeah, past few years, all those christmas days leaves me tired, drained and quite depressed. It sucks to see that real meaning of those days go away into the void. I hope, I'm not only one who experiences this thing.

8 minutes ago, Myst.Haruko said:

I cringe way too much when they put christmas decorations way too early. Only 7 days passed from haloween and all saints day and they already put those decorations. Like, why the heck?

And when real day comes, I just feel tired and drained. Yeah, past few years, all those christmas days leaves me tired, drained and quite depressed. It sucks to see that real meaning of those days go away into the void. I hope, I'm not only one who experiences this thing.

Christmas is just another day to me. I only expect the New Year which makes sense to be happy but for Christmas, it has a sort of mixed feelings...so meh

2 hours ago, Mr_Fox said:

I have discord...

I don't have my own server in Discord :(

36 minutes ago, Myst.Haruko said:

LOL, here in Belgrade they were put 7 days before Halloween, perhaps even earlier. I have a pic showing a huge Santa statue, taken on 24.10.

I wouldn't have minded if it were actually snowing... but it's not. And it probably won't until like mid-January.

Our mayor seems to think that it attracts tourists.

edit: yeah, usually

Edited by bzzrak

3 minutes ago, bzzrak said:

LOL, here in Belgrade they were put 7 days before Halloween, perhaps even earlier. I have a pic showing a huge Santa statue, taken on 24.10.

I wouldn't have minded if it were actually snowing... but it's not. And it probably won't until like mid-January.

Our mayor seems to think that it attracts tourists.

Well, decorations for christmas in here starts usually at the first week of december and lasts after the new year for at least one week

56 minutes ago, Myst.Haruko said:

In Hungary, they started putting the Christmas things at 2nd week of September. But I don't know why...

2 minutes ago, Spectra said:

In Hungary, they started putting the Christmas things at 2nd week of September. But I don't know why...

Wow.....really? So soon?

I'm surprised of that...

31 minutes ago, Spectra said:

Still better than here, they put few decorations to city center right on christmas and that's it :-D and with fact that we didn't have snow for years...

3 hours ago, Myst.Haruko said:

This year hasn't been too bad for that where I live. But usually, I want to form a "Christmas Squad" that confiscates all early Christmas decorations and returns them on Christmas eve; after we've burned all decorations related to manipulative corporate bullshit, of course. But if we did that, then some people may not get their prized inflatable Olaf and Minions back...

The fact that "Olaf" is not considered a typo by spellchecker, while many common names are still ignored, kind of worries me.

I should share another random fact so that this post is still technically on-topic... Um... I kind of look like Gordon Freeman in real life? And I styled my facial hair after Gordon's because I like the way he looks! And I've told several people about it, and they've always thought that I said "Morgan Freeman", like, NO! How? I guess they both have very similar names, but I know damn well that I look absolutely nothing like Morgan Freeman! He looks almost the exact opposite of who I was trying to compare myself to.

Christmas decorations can be bothering, but also quite ironic and funny when there are still literally green leaves on trees and the propaganda is all like "WOO WHITE CHRISTMAS, YEAH BITCHES!", like, feels so fake and all, its a relief to know that there are people who think everyone else is stupid as fuck and that they are going to believe whatever they say. A mini victory so to say.

I like the concept of Christmas a lot. Not the coated-in-red-n-white-Santas-Day, but, well, I live in a huge family that likes its traditions, so everyone kinda gathers, even if we all work and don't talk, the sensation of closeness is there. Plus, not to mention the usual stuff: chill weather, going to church, warmness, defying modern thoughts by actions of old, shit like that. You might say I am still a kiddo who doesn't know his place, and that Christmas will get boring real soon. That might work if there wasn't the fact that we love each other in the family and in general, its quite nice, and even if it gets boring, at least it won't be bad or uncomftorable. In the end, this is still a purely subjective topic, and everyone has their own experiences and opinions, there went my two cents.

For the thread itself: I can hardly work/study until the deadline comes close. Days long from the deadline are filled with confusion and procastrinations, but three days just before a deadline become explosive, productive and really awesome. I know this behavior is super toxic and that it will screw me over bad in the grimdark future, but I cannot get rid of this habit.

2 hours ago, Mr.Rocket said:

I'm guilty of putting sour cream in my chili. OMG it's good.

I put sour cream on damn near anything. Sometimes I'll just eat some by itself.

28 minutes ago, Megalyth said:

I put sour cream on damn near anything. Sometimes I'll just eat some by itself.

The real question is, though, what do you put on bread?

30 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Mayo, best substitute to cook with to butter.

3 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Also damn near anything. It is a wondrous delicacy, a most noble fruit, the undisputed champion of any occasion.

On 11/4/2017 at 3:46 PM, Ajora said:

When I was 15 I got fired from my Summer job as a dishwasher at a buffet because I accidentally blew up the dishwasher. 

I'm sorry but this made me laugh out loud. What is it with heavy appliances blowing up that makes it so funny...

I once watched this video and laughed at it until I couldn't breathe.

On 11/6/2017 at 6:16 PM, Impie said:

Recently found out that everyone now realizes it was the asshole wife who caused all this and basically ruined our group by projecting her insecurities onto me.

I would say 'typical women' but I realize not every woman is like that. The predatory ones are the worst though.

18 hours ago, Lokust Sun said:

I drink more energy drinks than Whitney did coke

So do I. Monster Energy is my jam, and this place near me sells 2 for $4.

8 hours ago, CARRiON said:

I'm sorry but this made me laugh out loud. What is it with heavy appliances blowing up that makes it so funny...

I once watched this video and laughed at it until I couldn't breathe.

Looks like that thing suffered a load of damage.

1 hour ago, cyan0s1s said:

[That's a lotta damidge!]

Another random fact about myself:

I can watch this video over and over without it ever not being funny. I must have watched this twelve times since it was uploaded!

That totally still counts and is on topic... right?

Last night I had something of a breakthrough, I tried a simple meditation and I was able to fall asleep again, twice. I woke up after about four hours, as is typical, but instead of letting my mind fill up with bullshit, I simply focused on the sound of the fan, and it actually worked. I had some awesome dreams too.

I'm going to keep trying this, hopefully it becomes a reliable method of falling asleep until my body just accepts the fact that I want to sleep for more than four goddamn hours a day.