Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Endless

How many WADs have you played?

In the long history of Doom, many have come to download maps created by the community, some people create the wads, others enjoyed with all their challenges. After playing for a while in UV, I asked how many wads I have come to play in my life, and then, unlike many here, I'm not a great veteran of the game, but I enjoy it a lot and I'm passionate, so with that great interest I think that in my total hours, I've played at least 30 wads in my little time, almost all finished, but all enjoyed.

How many have you played?

Sorry for bad english.

giphy.gif

A lot of wads. I don't even know. There so many maps and full megawads to keep player busy half of his life. It's like a library. 

Not that many WADs either. And even less finished (I have a tendency to start playing WADs and leave them after I get tired - usually happens after levels 15-20 in a 32 level WAD)

Just now, ShotgunDemolition said:

Not that many WADs either. And even less finished (I have a tendency to start playing WADs and leave them after I get tired - usually happens after levels 15-20 in a 32 level WAD)

But the last 5-10 levels are usually the best! :-D If that's the case, you should start and the end and work backwards...

I got precisely 358 WADs in my PrBoom+ folder, all of which I played. To that you can add another 17 (G)ZDoom WADs, which I have played as well. And then there's some stuff that I forgot about after deleting it from my hard drive. So I'm guessing 400-430 WADs, perhaps a bit more than that.

1 hour ago, Myst.Haruko said:

A lot of wads. I don't even know. There so many maps and full megawads to keep player busy half of his life. It's like a library. 

True, but one amazing library.

2 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

I got precisely 358 WADs in my PrBoom+ folder, all of which I played. To that you can add another 17 (G)ZDoom WADs, which I have played as well. And then there's some stuff that I forgot about after deleting it from my hard drive. So I'm guessing 400-430 WADs, perhaps a bit more than that.

So many things you had seen, so much wisdom.

There's no measure of how many WADs I've played, given how many I have played.

However, right now there are 138 WADs in my Doom folders right now (16 in my IWAD folder, 89 in my PWAD folder, and then 33 more in my Temporary WADs folder)

10 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

More than 50, including iwads, most of them are full megawads. The list is in my profile for whatever reason. I don't know if that's a lot, but I know it's not even 1/8 of the existing wads.

Nice list, I had played some of those, by far, my favorites are Scythe, AV, and 2002 Odyssey.

38 minutes ago, 42PercentHealth said:

But the last 5-10 levels are usually the best! :-D If that's the case, you should start and the end and work backwards...

Could try that out! I usually play with continues though, so I should do it with pistol starts I guess.

Thousands, but that was long ago.

Yes I was one of those idiots who played through nearly the entire D!Zone, D!Zone 2 and H!Zone CDs, because what else were the 90's for?

10 minutes ago, hardcore_gamer said:

Hundreds of wads. Probably thousand+ levels. Been playing for almost 11 years :D

Honor to the Hardcore :D 

1 hour ago, ShotgunDemolition said:

Could try that out! I usually play with continues though, so I should do it with pistol starts I guess.

Usually I do not get bored of the wads so fast, it only happens with some that become too long or too tedious to finish, for example: Unfair battles, huge labyrinths, keys separated by a lot of distance, very few items, etc. Anyway, there are a lot of excellent maps created. So, usually, I always finish them, they're worth it.

23 minutes ago, Lüt said:

Yes I was one of those idiots who played through nearly the entire D!Zone, D!Zone 2 and H!Zone CDs, because what else were the 90's for?

I also did that, even with Maximum Doom :)

I have no idea but between about 21 years of single player and 16 years of deathmatch it's easily in the thousands. That's not to mention all the various gameplay wads, packs of skins, etc people host on servers. It's honestly hard to even ballpark a number at this point!

33 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

I have no idea but between about 21 years of single player and 16 years of deathmatch it's easily in the thousands. That's not to mention all the various gameplay wads, packs of skins, etc people host on servers. It's honestly hard to even ballpark a number at this point!

Sometimes it makes me a little envious to think of all those veteran players who were born in the right year to feel the revolution of video games in the flesh. How many things have happened in those years and all the opportunities to try and contribute. How incredible.

21 minutes ago, Anidrex_1009 said:

Sometimes it makes me a little envious to think of all those veteran players who were born in the right year to feel the revolution of video games in the flesh. How many things have happened in those years and all the opportunities to try and contribute. How incredible.

I still remember seeing the first videos and screenshots of Doom 3 all those years ago and thinking to myself "HOLY FUCK THERE IS NO WAY THIS IS REAL!!!". Now Doom 3's graphics look very outdated compared to modern offerings, though the game has still aged 999x better than almost every game from that era. I would argue that it's actually aged even better than Half-life 2 because of it's advanced lightning.

Quite a few. Here's just a list of all the Megawads that I've played. I think.

10 Sectors, 10 Sectors Part 2, 1024: ABC Edition, 2002 A Doom Odyssey, 2048 UNLEASHED, 3 heures d'agonie 1-3, Alien Vendetta, Ancient Aliens, Back to Saturn X E1, Back to Saturn X E2, Base Ganymede Complete, Big Crappy Shit Megawad, ConC.E.R.Ned, Congestion 1024, Claustrophobia 1024, Claustrophobia 1024 2, Congestion 64, Countdown to Extinction, Cyberdreams, Daedalus: Alien Defense, Demonfear, Doom 2 in name only, Doom 2 Reloaded, Doom 2 the Way Id Did, Doom The Way Id Did, ECHELON, Epic 2, Eternal Doom, Going Down, H2H-Xmas, HacX, Hellbound, Hell Revealed, Hell Revealed 2, Hell To Pay, Icarus: Alien Vanguard, Jenesis, Kama Sutra, MAYhem 2048, Memento Mori, Memento Mori 2, The New Doom, NJ Doom, No End In Sight, Nova: The Birth, Nova II: New Dawn, Perdition's Gate, Plutonia 1024: The Plutinya Experiment, Plutonia 2, The Plutonia Experiment, Plutonia Revisited Community Project, Realm of Chaos, Requiem, Resurgence, Revolution!, Scythe, Scythe 2, Sunlust, Swift Death, Switcheroom, Switcheroom 2, TNT Evilution, TNT Revilution, Valiant, Whitemare 2, Wonderful Doom, Zone 300

2 minutes ago, hardcore_gamer said:

I still remember seeing the first videos and screenshots of Doom 3 all those years ago and thinking to myself "HOLY FUCK THERE IS NO WAY THIS IS REAL!!!". Now Doom 3's graphics look very outdated compared to modern offerings, though the game has still aged 999x better than almost every game from that era. I would argue that it's actually aged even better than Half-life 2 because of it's advanced lightning.

I firmly believe that Doom 3 was a marvel the day it came out, just something from another level that truly demonstrated the graphic-motor potential of modern games.

Just now, Anidrex_1009 said:

I firmly believe that Doom 3 was a marvel the day it came out, just something from another level that truly demonstrated the graphic-motor potential of modern games.

And the thing is, I have never re-experienced this again. I mean the original Crysis came sort of close, but the difference though is that you needed a super computer from space to actually get said graphics anyway which almost nobody could at launch. Crysis at high settings barely looked any better than most other games at that time. Doom 3 however looked insane even if it wasn't running on ultra or even just on medium.

The fact is that graphics have already gotten so good that we are past the era of being wowed by graphics. Now we just expect games to look good and don't consider it noteworthy if they do.

I've probably finished around 10-20 megawads. (or at least played most of it). The scythe series, twid series, urania, the last nicolas monti's levels, jenesis and some more.

1 minute ago, Deadwing said:

I've probably finished around 10-20 megawads. (or at least played most of it). The scythe series, twid series, urania, the last nicolas monti's levels, jenesis and some more.

You gotta pump those numbers up! Those are rookie numbers!

Haha, those are awesome wads btw.