Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JavaGuy

Hell

I'm curious:

Most of you believe that the demons are demons and they're from Hell. That's probably true, but what is hell to you? The place you go when you die, the Christian kinda hell, or just a really fucked up perception of reality (another dimension I guess) in which the demons people have feared so long really exist, and the properties of souls work differently so that they can be manifested in a partly physical form and trapped. Tell me how you see it.

(BTW, someone move this to General. I thought I was there when I posted this)

I'd like to see some interesting and original interpretations of hell, but I don't think id are up to it, or will bother with that.
I think we will see a very cool take on the traditional theme of hell, but nothing truly original.

JavaGuy said:

Tell me how you see it.

An existence of endless and inescapeable pain, not individual, but with others. Also a place of fire, brimstone and a temperature equal to the boiling point of sulphur ('hot as Hell').

This is my opinion based on my religion, feel free to disagree.

JavaGuy said:

(BTW, someone move this to General. I thought I was there when I posted this)

This belongs in R&R

A place of never ending torture, pain, misery, sadness and fear, in a nightmarish place where the fire is never quenched and the worm dieth not.
That is Hell to me.

A place of endless misery because your eye are open and you can see what place you could have ended if you had tried in your life!

DooMBoy said:

A place of never ending torture, pain, misery, sadness and fear, in a nightmarish place where the fire is never quenched and the worm dieth not.
That is Hell to me.

So basicly, Earth!

Because of my lack of religious beliefs, I had to make up my own definition, based largely on DOOM:

Hell is a different dimension filled with sadistic hellspawn that delight in torturing other living things. Any humans born in the normal world also exist in hell, but they are given eternal life without internal youth (which basically means that when your hell counterpart grows old, he is denied the bliss of death and wastes away into a shriveled, skeletal-looking vegetable) and are tortured relentlessly by the demons. However, there are exceptions to that rule. If a mortal human from the real world manages to enter hell through an interdimensional gateway, he can kill demons and hell-people, and be killed by them. The same happens when a denzien of hell warps into the normal universe.

Hell is a place where you may go after death. It's not the same for everyone, everyone else has their own expirience in hell based on what they dislike and fear.

An alternative dimension of indescribeble torture - indescribeble because the torture shifts depending on your state of mind, becoming the worst scenario possible at the time, ranging from mutilation to being left by your wife.

Personally, I think Hell is the dimension where everyone's bad vibes are manifested in a physical form. I don't know if anyone physically goes to hell when they die (I'm not Christian, but I don't rule out any possiblities.) but I think that we often make our own hell. We're pulling from that big concentrated hate and pain created by our own wills when we wrong someone else. Sucks for us, seeing as how we can't seem to go a day without making another person feel bad, adding to their own misery. Eventualy, your deeds get back to you, and that is both heaven and hell imo.

The opposite of everything I stand for probably...which would mean that for me, Hell would be a seething mass of ignorance, fascism etc.

there would probaly be alot of butt sex in hell
i am sure EIDOS and bill gates would be in charge
maybe hell forces people to drink faygo
i dont know... the religion of my tribe did not really have a hell like the christian hell

Sephiroth said:

there would probaly be alot of butt sex in hell...

sign me the fuck up!

Doom-Child said:

The absence of my God.

DC

Yup, being without god, being totally alone so that your fears will eat away at your sanity for all eternity. i dont know what kind of seeting it will be though.

Well, this is an old one. One month to the hour...

Since you're new here, you probably don't know. It's not a real good idea to dig up old threads like this. Anything over about two to three weeks or so should be left alone.

Hell is Eden Concealed behind the lies!

AND THIS IS MY 666TH POST! AND THIS IS MY 666TH POST!

Er, excuse me there, I think something took a hold of me...

Do not edit please or my soul belongs in eternal state of utter slavery for the Lords of Chaos to do with me as they please forever in hell.

36 times, yeah.

Hell-
Hell is not always fire and brimstone. Instead, hell is really a null void, where the pain you feel, and are, is all you will be. You see what YOU see, your own pain; your own suffering. Say you lived a bad life. A murderer. You would be back there, but things will be different. Every time. Hell changes forever. Neverending. Different. Confusion is part of the pain. You will always feel the pain. Hell is different for everyone, and for yourself it will constantly change as well. This is, after all, that place where bad people go when they die.

It's very confusing and out of order. I must be in hell then. Heh.

According to the ancient greeks hell (hades) was cold, not hot.

myk said:

According to the ancient greeks hell (hades) was cold, not hot.

But what would be worst to end in?
Cold or hot hell?
I would take cold... :)

Y'know CrankySteve's map descriptions... it'd be like that.
that's why I'm an atheist, I like my scrotum. :)