Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

Captain reds Doom 64 Adventure!

I just finished Map 24: No escape, buy killing the two cyberdemons, and it jumped ahead to map 28! I guessing that this is the Finally, (the motherdemon and all) but was that supposed to happen? Are maps 25, 26 and 27 all secret levels?

Also... and I feel like a complete lamer for asking this, but any tips on beating the motherdemon? I’m having a bugger of a time, and I’d like to get Doom 64 under my belt. Being my only doom game I have yet to finish.

IIRC, maps 28, 29, and 30 are the secret levels. Find the runes in the secret levels and shove the powered-up laser up the Motherdemon's ass.

That works too, but I actually had a strategy to kill the motherdemon without the gun, for I had no enhancments when I first encountered this demon.

First, grab all the weapons and the megasphere, then quickly open the door, THEN grab the invulnerability. (max out your IV time)
Quickly trigger the monsters, and do nothing for about 2 seconds. Then fire roughly 3-4 BFG blasts MAX, then change weapons to either the chaingun, super shotgun, or the rocket launcher if you feel lucky, or are skillied in it's use. This should take care of most of the Pain elementals, then the best thing to do is get the hell out of dodge, ans stay constantly straferunning around the perimiter. You should be able to dodge just about most projectiles, but watch out for monsters that may walk in front of your path for the next spin around. Keep doing this, whilst emptying your weapons into the crowd (the chaingun will be empty) watch out for lost souls, they can be very deadly if not seen. Wear them down until you can see only about 3-4 critters remain. Find some cover, EG behind the buildings the monsters come in from, and kill the remaining monsters. by this time your health will be below 100, (mine was usually at 42 or below) when you hear the motherdemon scream, bring out the BFG and strafecircle around the motherdemon, while hosing it with remaining ammo. if you can, snag the soulsphere near the motherdemon, but it's really dangerous to get to, so be careful.
once BFG runs out, use the Rockets and whatever cover you can, while constantly moving, for the fire attack will have devastating results if you don't. As does the heat seeking rockets. Eventually, the thing will die, and it takes practice, and many tries. This is how I beat it without the Unmaker.

Lost Soul said:
[advive on how to beat the motherdemon]

Hmmm... So there is no "trick" to beating that fudda muckka, a side form the powered up unmaker. oh well, try, try agian... what dose the beefed up unmaker do?

Unmaker + 1 articact = fires 2 beams at once
Unmaker + 2 articacts = fires 3 beams at once
Unmaker + all artifacts = fires 4 beams at once, and it's more powerful than the BFG. If you have this at your side at the last fight, not only can you use the artifacts to seal the teleporters so NO monsters come in, you can kill the motherdemon in less than 5 seconds, and that is no exaggeration. Enjoy!

Levels 25, 26, 27 are "Fun" levels, that you get when you get the Features menu (the cheats). There's no way to get to them in the normal game. You get the Features menu by beating the secret level Hectic, or by using a password.

/DOOM Anomaly sits in corner rocking back and forth darkly mubling and muttering to himself awaiting the day when he Finally gets to play Doom64

There are the 3 secret level for the artifacts, 3 secret levels of pure carnage called the "fun level" and 1 secret level than you can't acces even with the choose level cheats. The name is Hectic, at map1 destroy all the barrels XCEPT the 1st one,
1- left of the shotgun
2- left door with 2 zombieman
3- after the lift right behind
4- same place as the secret armor
5- get back down and open the blue key door, theres a barrel easy to see
6- same place as the secret supercharge
8- you press a switch revealing a couple of demons, there's a barrel there
9- the lift to the healing potions
10- the exit

11- go back to the large corridor of the start, near the blue key door, search the wall opposite of the door revealing a secret teleporter, take it.

12-destroy the 1st barrel and quickly, turn around and go to the secret berseck room, the secret exit is just at your left.

there's 10 or 11 I don't remember. After that take the secret teleporter back to the upper ledge where you started the level and search the right wall, it will come down revealing a secret exit. In that level, it's full of death traps with hard monsters.

the 3 atrifacts or for closing the doors so the demons dont come out at the end, saves ya ammo :)

DOOM Anomaly said:

/DOOM Anomaly sits in corner rocking back and forth darkly mubling and muttering to himself awaiting the day when he Finally gets to play Doom64

Do you have any stores that sell used video games near by? I picked up a copy of doom 64 at software etc. (division of babbages) not too long ago for only 8 bucks. They may have it in some pawn shops too, just check around. It's a pretty good game, one of the best console versions of a PC game I've played.

If you're lucky, you might find it at Half-Price Books. ([higher power] bless that store.)

I thought the final boss is nearly impossible when i got there. I tried to beat it MANY times, but finally I surivived. The trick was to save ALL your BFG ammo to the boss. When I tried this I made it in the first time I tried.

Btw, I don't know if I made fairly through. When the boss died I died as well, but since I got the ending credits and all I guess I finished the game :)

I DID IT! MAHAHAHA!! THE HELL MOTHER IS SMITTEN! I saved all my BFG ammo for her and kicked her Arse in less than 20 seconds!! Ending kind of bites though. Doomguy stays in hell? NOOOO! Oh well. Thanks for your advice.

Now to be a secret level whore...

Ct_red_pants said:

Ending kind of bites though. Doomguy stays in hell?

....[sarcasm]Thanks for the update...Tell us more why dont you?[/sarcasm]

Ct_red_pants said:

Ending kind of bites though. Doomguy stays in hell? NOOOO!

WHAT!?
Sue the bastards that made this game.
:-P

Hah! The Widow maker hath returned, but this time, we have Macvilewhore back here to "coffee kill" him if he doesn't behave.
>:-D

I've been here for what, a year now, and I still don't know about the fucking COFFEE! Somebody shed some light here, it's getting dark again.

Besides, someone's been pissing in my coffee, in RL.

I haven't played Doom 64 yet, I heard someone was porting the levels and all the textures, sprites (enemies, weapons, dead hookers in my trunk, ext...). I think I heard about it being ran with ZDoom, who knows. Sort of a down note that the game doesn't have any multiplayer features at all, but the gameplay looks promising.

DOOM Anomaly said:
....[sarcasm]Thanks for the update...Tell us more why dont you?[/sarcasm]

The ending is absolutely nothing to write home about Trust me, I’ve done you a favor in the sense that you won’t be as disappointed when you reach the end.