Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Khorus

Strife - Mothership (WIP megawad for GZDoom)

On 11/14/2017 at 2:55 AM, Khorus said:

Been posting some screens of this the past few months, so let's make it official!

"Strife - Mothership" is a 3 hub megawad made by myself for GZDoom. There are balance changes to the core Strife gameplay to plug some holes while keeping in the spirit of the game. These include a new enemy, the blue eyed Rocket Reaver, and the flamethrower having its own ammo type amongst some other things. Custom NPC dialogue is in, and each map has its own mp3/ogg soundtrack created by me. Hoping to have objectives that update to guide the player along too.

Currently, I'm close to finishing the last map of the first hub which will bring map total to 6. I will probably seek some testers once the first hub is fully finished to get a feel for how things are going....

I've always felt that Strife should have more custom WADs, so thanks for doing this, Khorus.

Looks great. I'd flatten out the floor in the second to last screenshot though. Looks like they set up a desk in the rafters of the floor beneath them.

Thanks everyone! I haven't worked on this in a good month or so since starting my Plutonia maps, but I'll be coming back to it all refreshed after I'm done with that. :)

22 hours ago, Impie said:

Looks great. I'd flatten out the floor in the second to last screenshot though. Looks like they set up a desk in the rafters of the floor beneath them.

Ha, I get what you mean but I wanted some oppressive architecture to fit the mood of the assholish foreman behind the desk and I like the contrast of the different woods. There are invisible bridge things that mean the floor is all flat for the purpose of movement so it's not annoying in that way.

On 11/14/2017 at 2:55 AM, Khorus said:

Been posting some screens of this the past few months, so let's make it official!

"Strife - Mothership" is a 3 hub megawad made by myself for GZDoom. There are balance changes to the core Strife gameplay to plug some holes while keeping in the spirit of the game. These include a new enemy, the blue eyed Rocket Reaver, and the flamethrower having its own ammo type amongst some other things. Custom NPC dialogue is in, and each map has its own mp3/ogg soundtrack created by me. Hoping to have objectives that update to guide the player along too.

Currently, I'm close to finishing the last map of the first hub which will bring map total to 6. I will probably seek some testers once the first hub is fully finished to get a feel for how things are going...

Out of curiosity, any progress since then?