Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tsareppsun

Let's all pitch in.........

Alright Peeps(*Read that Peoples.) Lets all pitch in and offer id some suggestions on what we might like to see when they design their DoomIII packaging box art for their game. Being that most if not all PCgaming box covers are coming alot smaller these days(Which is a very good thing,IMO) I think somewhere around 7 1/2x5 1/4 inches. And try to belay that pic of the thin zombie's mug on the box cover I've seen somewhere's. Let's offer id our own ideas.

My ideas is that I would like the cover to be designed something like a Motion Picture posture. The box is first of all is gloss pitch "BLACK" with alot of bright and dull stars caked all around the the box symbolizing the atmosphere of deep space. The title "DOOMIII" would take up almost all of the front cover so that you have to read the title in retangular angle. The bottom side of the title would be sharp and clear while it angles upward, the title fades and blends with the background of space. Behind the title you'll see the bottom half of the planet MARS with a bright lining around the curve showing the sun starting to rise behind it. Alittle on the side you'll see the moon "PHOBOS" just like any picture you find on the web, with the "Stickney" crator shaded deep black. Within the shaded crator there are tiny specs of lights showing human colonization. But here's the cool TRICK! On the bottom side of mars, a hidious grimace of a demon's face blends on and off the picure of mars! Everytime you tilt the box cover, the mars pic would fade a deeper red and the demon's face would grimance hidiously. I forget what they call those pictures you know when it shows you one thing and then you tilt the picture slightly and it moves or fades into something else. Like that! What id put in under the cover flap and inner workings is up to them.

My other idea is more simplistic, Just try to design it like something like those japanese movie or anime postures, I call them "Everthing" postures or "Scroll" postures. The Japanese are the best at designing movie postures cuz their postures are structured to tell the whole story. In fact the japs designed movie postures for most of our popular grossing movies here in the U.S.

Hm, I want it to be a black cover with the Doom III logo atop of it (not across the cover like tsareppsun suggested). If you look carefully at the cover, you can see rows upon rows of evil-looking skulls in the dark, filling up the whole cover except for the space where the Doom 3 logo is (the skulls are background, the logo is foreground).

The box should be of some material imitating dead skin and metal. No pictures on it, just designs, the logo and any few necessary inscriptions.

Ultraviolet said:

Wow, Shamaonth, that's kinda far back to remember...
I can just barely remember the Final Doom cover.

took a quick pic of my doom1 box:

Nice, but the picture is much too big. 640x480 is the limit here. Resizing it or changing it so it's a link to the picture would be a lot better.

Ichor said:

Nice, but the picture is much too big. 640x480 is the limit here. Resizing it or changing it so it's a link to the picture would be a lot better.

You could do as I do, and force all such pics to show up as links.

The picture is still the same size. Did you save it under a different name? If you did, you'll have to edit that post and change it so it refers to the new image.

nope. same name...just wait a while until the webserver takes the smaller pic "online" :)

in fact the pic is now 480x640 because its in portrait format. is this ok?

You know, I'm not quite sure. If it were me, I wouldn't take any chances. I'd make it 360x480 (same ratio), just to be on the safe side.

I would like to see that 'molten skin and bones'-texture all over the box. It looks horrible, in a positive way.