Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Herzon

Mock:2 The Speed Of Stupid Longer Then Doom And Doom 2

Yes, I said it. Mock:2 The Speed Of Stupid, a joke WAD that has a level that you need to shoot a picture of Hitler has more levels then Doom 1 and Doom 2 plus the levels will probably take longer then a normal Doom level because of the confusing layouts and all that stuff. To get my point across, The Ultimate Doom has 27 levels. Doom 2 has 30 levels. Mock:2 has 40 levels. Well, if you add the credits stage in Mock:2 its 41 stages, but that still means it has more levels then The Ultimate Doom and Doom 2! Anyways, tell me what was your reaction when you found out about this! I was really really shocked.

Edited by Herzon

Mock2's funniest gag comes less than one second in, with the fake-fake-3D-bridge.  It's all downhill from there.

I know that this is pedantic, but Doom has 27 maps and Doom 2 has 30 maps, so Doom and Doom 2 have 57 maps, which is more than 40 maps, so your claim is not true.

ARE WE JUST FORGETTING THAT MAP31 AND MAP32 EXIST?

....Wait, we actually are? That's fair enough, honestly.

3 minutes ago, Empyre said:

I know that this is pedantic, but Doom has 27 maps and Doom 2 has 30 maps, so Doom and Doom 2 have 57 maps, which is more than 40 maps, so your claim is not true.

To be further pedantic, they just said it was longer than both, not longer than both combined.

"And" means (or could be interpreted to mean) both combined. If he meant either one, he should have used "or", or even better, "either - or" to avoid any confusion.

28 minutes ago, Grazza said:

This thread is more pointless than "Where is all the demon poo?" and "BFG is tits".

But less pointless than mattbratt11.

Chillax has something more than this...? (of course, I don't know about that 30000 levels...). BTW, Ultimate Doom has 4*9=36 levels while (regular) Doom has 3*9=27 levels.

When I read the title, and before I read the thread, my honest interpretation was that he was saying that had more maps than the total of Doom and Doom 2. Then I read the post and I was (very mildly) disappointed that there were only 40 maps. "And" is often used to mean "plus", like one and one are two, two and two are four, and so on.

mock2.levelcount > (doom1.levelcount + doom2.levelcount)

returns false, so.

My apologies to Herzon for derailing this thread. If I make any further comment in this thread, it will be about the actual maps themselves.

5 hours ago, Battle_Korbi said:

Yall opinions won't matter to me, Mock2 is somehow still my favorite wad. Damn, that is really some good shit... If you like crack maps/mods anyways (I know this is a jokewad, but bear with me). I snort that shit like cocaine.

*snorts away on crack mods*

Mock 2 has some fun moments and plenty of meh moments, but I think the custom-tailored soundtrack is a huge part of the appeal. MAP08: Right In The Crotch would've been pretty boring and forgettable if it used D_RUNNIN (and maybe less moody lightning, too). But instead, it's an experience. Or MAP06: Speaking Of Stupid is pretty much the most basic map possible, but it's paired with a fittingly minimalistic track that sounds like it wants you to calmly ponder about the logical extreme of simplistic jokewads.

There's a lot of fun and notable music in Mock 2. The Fortress of Mooo's D_BESTDO is suitably epic for a map with excessive powerups, big bosses and high ceilings. D_BESTES is an intense yet trollish E1M1 remix appropriate for the intense-feeling final map (not counting credits) that also happens to be the easiest. There's of course D_DANGER for MAP10 Little Grasshopper, which is always the first thing I think about when I think about Mock 2. The intermission music, a masterpiece of minimalism. The title music that encapsulates the Mock 2 experience quite well. D_HIPPOB matching the tediousness of Tapeworms. The battle music on the orange-clouded STEPTOP arena level. The perfect musical equivalent of helplessly seeing all your relatives blown up by rockets. The lovely D_E2M2 remix... too many to list.

23 hours ago, Empyre said:

Um, I didn't say them combined was more. Maybe I got my grammar wrong? But I did not mean to say that. I meant to have my claim as Doom and Doom 2 combined to be more then Mock:2, but Mock:2 has more levels then Doom and Doom2.

21 hours ago, Empyre said:

When I read the title, and before I read the thread, my honest interpretation was that he was saying that had more maps than the total of Doom and Doom 2. Then I read the post and I was (very mildly) disappointed that there were only 40 maps. "And" is often used to mean "plus", like one and one are two, two and two are four, and so on.

mock2.levelcount > (doom1.levelcount + doom2.levelcount)

returns false, so.

My apologies to Herzon for derailing this thread. If I make any further comment in this thread, it will be about the actual maps themselves.

I didn't mean to say them combined was more, I meant to say it just had more levels then both games. Not both games combined.

I wonder if anyone has specifically tried to make a jokewad just for the sake of a mockaward as their first feat

...cause I mean, I have, actually I'm planning on trying lol

Since I'm on this thread is there such a thing as too elaborate of a jokewad?

Low effort and low quality are a common aspect of jokewads. And I feel it's good in a way that no one expects any particular qualities from jokewads, not even basic enjoyability. So basically people who don't avoid jokewads altogether approach them with open mind. So if you're making jokewads, you can forget about any standards and just do whatever you want. But if you come with something clever or complex in the process, you should totally go for it. As long as it's just for the sake of implementing a fun/original idea you like instead of conforming to whatever standards.

That's what jokewads are to me, just pure freestyle, and if it ends up more elaborate than your average shitty wad as a result, that's all the better.