Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
imgonnagetcha

This game kicks ass

Cool sig:
Big Fat Party Animal

Heh. We're gonna have fun tomorrow. I'm tired right now.

imgonnagetcha said:

I play doom alot [...]. I cant stop playin it. It kicks ass! :D:D:D

Welcome to the Light side, you may notice that most the people here Also enjoy Doom A lot, along with other games.

i just got doom 2.

Whoa, Kewl, if you enjoy Doom II then you might wanna try d/l sum nice wads to expand your Doom II experience. (If you havent already, that is.)

imgonnagetcha said:

i dunno how 2 work wads

Hmm, generally you just use the run command in the start menu. Say doom.exe -file *wadname*.wad or if you get a port (you can get 9 popular ports from my sig, the words DOOMWORLD) you just replace doom.exe with the name of the port's .exe file. BTW, I'm BigBadGangsta, a Super Moderator on these forums. Please, take your time and read the FAQ which explains the rules of these forums. Thanks and have a nice time :)

bigbadgangsta said:

Hmm, generally you just use the run command in the start menu. Say doom.exe -file *wadname*.wad or if you get a port (you can get 9 popular ports from my sig, the words DOOMWORLD) you just replace doom.exe with the name of the port's .exe file. BTW, I'm BigBadGangsta, a Super Moderator on these forums. Please, take your time and read the FAQ which explains the rules of these forums. Thanks and have a nice time :)

ravage said:

Thanks BBG and Ravage , you just saved me the effort of typing any of that ^_^

instead of typeing a command line
get a front end
like doom95 which was made by microsoft
you can find it if you download the shareware version of doom1

ravage said:

BBG- I'm suprised you didn't use your copy&paste newbie intro again.

Well, he was but his notepad is having difficulties, so he had to improvise...

Wow, just got Doom II! a little behind the times, but that's okay with me, he's got a classic there, a genuine winner! IMHO

sparky said:

instead of typeing a command line
get a front end
like doom95 which was made by microsoft
you can find it if you download the shareware version of doom1

The only problem with that is that doom95 is crap. (ie. only plays 1 custom wad at a time and doesn't support dehacked or anything like that).

Best thing to do is get a source port which has launchers available for it. (eg. Legacy, ZDoom, Vavoom)

imgonnagetcha said:

I play doom alot and i just got doom 2. I cant stop playin it. It kicks ass! :D:D:D

Welcome to 1994 :P

Ultimate DooMer said:

The only problem with that is that doom95 is crap. (ie. only plays 1 custom wad at a time and doesn't support dehacked or anything like that).

Best thing to do is get a source port which has launchers available for it. (eg. Legacy, ZDoom, Vavoom)

The reasons why doom95 isn't good are:

a. No DeHackEd support (nothing teminal in most cases)

b. Weapons sprites are literally fucked up just to try to adapt them to 320 x 240 or 640 x 480 res (pretty stupid, who would rather play on a window anyway?)

It supports as many WADs as you want, just don't use the lame front end (except to set it up.) Use a batch file or launch it form Run on the pop-up menu on the Taskbar's Start.

Ultimate DooMer said:

I just got Doom95 it was the only Doom still in existence in our store here, cause my Doom II disk stopped working, should i buy a different one?

No need to buy anything. Just use source engines and (if you're not on Winxp, Win2k or Linux) the DOS original, which can be obtained from the shareware ZIP (doom19s.zip.) It is named doom.exe, but it runs either the shareware, DOOM or DOOM II.

MRB_Doom said:

Those Memento Mori maps must be quite an experience.

Yes they're a must play for the serious Doomer.

magikal said:

MRB_Doom said:

Those Memento Mori maps must be quite an experience.

Yes they're a must play for the serious Doomer.

Yes, yes they are indeed :D

CyRaptor said:

Speaking of games that kick ass, [...]Heretic: Shadows of the Serpent Riders.

Amen to that :D

Hexen is Cool Too
But Its More Melee :S

Its What, 30 or 40 maps ? Plus its mission pack
i have it but dont play it, its to hard for me :)

Xanthier said:

I just got Doom95 it was the only Doom still in existence in our store here, cause my Doom II disk stopped working, should i buy a different one?

The dos version should be on your cd, there should be a folder called 'doom', 'doom2' or something like that. That's where it's found. (that's the version that works with all the source ports)