Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dylanblitz

Custom textures and monster wherabouts?

a really great starting point would be realm667: http://realm667.com/index.php/en/

that site has a lot of good resources for all of the things you mentioned. another good source of stuff is the zdoom forums; here is the resources section of the forum where people often post resources that are free to be used. you can also check out the mods section of the forums, as mods can be good sources of pre-compiled material, but you would have to ensure that you have permission to use any resources that you're pulling from a mod. additionally, there's the spriting carnival thread on the zdoom forums too, where people post stuff that's usually incomplete, but sometimes you find some gems in there that are complete. that thread is many years old though, so I'm sure most of the image links from 2+ years ago are broken.

for textures, I think those are for some reason released very infrequently as stand-alone packs, so you can find a lot of good stuff just from pulling from wads you've played that use new textures (but again be wary of permissions of whatever you're pulling). there's a custom texture thread here on doomworld though, and another one on the zdoom forums I think

Edited by Tango

58 minutes ago, Tango said:

for textures, I think those are for some reason released as stand-alone packs, so you can find a lot of good stuff just from pulling from wads you've played that use new textures (but again be wary of permissions of whatever you're pulling). there's a custom texture thread here on doomworld though, and another one on the zdoom forums I think

Yes, there is.

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=31139

And also Afterglow's texture site here at Doomworld. Most of these have been uploaded to Realm667, I think, but there might be some that weren't.

https://www.doomworld.com/afterglow/textures/

13 hours ago, Tango said:

a really great starting point would be realm667: http://realm667.com/index.php/en/

that site has a lot of good resources for all of the things you mentioned. another good source of stuff is the zdoom forums; here is the resources section of the forum where people often post resources that are free to be used. you can also check out the mods section of the forums, as mods can be good sources of pre-compiled material, but you would have to ensure that you have permission to use any resources that you're pulling from a mod. additionally, there's the spriting carnival thread on the zdoom forums too, where people post stuff that's usually incomplete, but sometimes you find some gems in there that are complete. that thread is many years old though, so I'm sure most of the image links from 2+ years ago are broken.

for textures, I think those are for some reason released very infrequently as stand-alone packs, so you can find a lot of good stuff just from pulling from wads you've played that use new textures (but again be wary of permissions of whatever you're pulling). there's a custom texture thread here on doomworld though, and another one on the zdoom forums I think

Realm667 possibly contains viruses.

9 minutes ago, DoomKid123 said:

Realm667 possibly contains viruses.

Nope. It doesn't. Nobody would put their stuff if this page would contain viruses. 

R667 has had a difficult history with hacking iirc, so it can still set off alarm bells if you try and go there (I had it when I tried to visit today actually), but I believe it's been ok for the last couple of years.

6 hours ago, Eris Falling said:

R667 has had a difficult history with hacking iirc, so it can still set off alarm bells if you try and go there (I had it when I tried to visit today actually), but I believe it's been ok for the last couple of years.

ah I forgot about that. iirc though it has been a few years since there was an issue. I personally haven't had any problems in the last 3+ years