Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zulk RS

Some easy but well-made wads?

So, I thought I'd try Complex Doom with some bullshit add-ons Legendary Complex Add-on and the like. But since from past experience, I know how bullshit these add-ons are, I was looking for something easy so that the wad doesn't become downright impossible when it is run with these add-ons. Is there anything that looks decent and is easy?
I tried both Doom 2 and TNT IWADs with these add-ons but they became almost unbeatable due to the bullshit so I was looking for something easier than the IWADs.

almost nothing is easier than Doom2.wad, maybe try dipping into some early naive mapping off shovelware CDs?

also check TVR.wad which is comparable to Doom 2 in some ways

Use lower difficulty settings.

You should try "Mars War" by Nathan Lineback . This is a old megawad but the difficulty is quite similar to Doom2 and the maps are fun to play.

4 hours ago, yakfak said:

almost nothing is easier than Doom2.wad, maybe try dipping into some early naive mapping off shovelware CDs?

also check TVR.wad which is comparable to Doom 2 in some ways

The Ultimate Doom is easier than Doom 2, except ep. 4

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Use lower difficulty settings.

I tried that but it doesn't do much when almost all "legendary" AKA Bullshit monsters can kill you in 1 clean hit.

All it did do was make the non-bullshit sections too easy (which it becomes regardless of difficulty settings once you acquire a bullshit weapon or gear). This made stupidly steep spikes in difficulty even more spiky and apparent.

Sometimes I just want to play bad mods and wads just for the sake of it. It's why I sat through the entirety of prodoomer even though I started hating it by map 04. Plus, the fact that I didn't experience all of its bullshit makes me want to find out.

On a side note, this mod(s) doesn't make me angry. I'm sorry if I gave that impression in my previous posts though.

3 hours ago, VOliver9 said:

The Ultimate Doom is easier than Doom 2, except ep. 4

Thy Flesh Consumed is freaking hard.

20 minutes ago, Job said:

Scythe (the first one).

The last maps are not that easy tho... map26 is insane. Hell no, the whole megawad is a perfect challenge. Any one should try it! 

"The Ultimate Doom" specifically referred to the version that added the fourth episode. If you want a preicse term to refer to the 3-episode version, then "Registered Doom" is your best bet. (And "Shareware Doom" for the one-episode version.)

2 hours ago, Anidrex_1009 said:

Thy Flesh Consumed is freaking hard.

E4M1, the first half of E4M2, and E4M9 are bastardly.

The rest of the episode is easier than the nastier parts of Doom II.

I would suggest not playing with Legendary (bullshit) monsters in the first place instead of trying to find a wad that would make them "balanced". Anyway, Zone 300 is a short and easy megawad.