Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

The follow up to my previous work, might as well have the complete package.

Rise of the Wool Ball from MSPaintR0cks adapted for foreign translations + Portuguese language.

Screenshot_Doom_20171120_133649.png

13 hours ago, Lokust Sun said:

I'm seeing wonderful things on this thread but not many wonderful things in /newstuff or I'm looking at the wrong ones. I'm not talking about community projects. Actually all of the /newstuff is good too, I'm just not seeing anything like these maps and I'd love to play these experimentals.

I've never checked /newstuff. I usually just search in wads/mods and play anything that looks interesting. You can always search the archives by username if you find a map that you think looks enjoyable.

16 hours ago, Lokust Sun said:

I'm seeing wonderful things on this thread but not many wonderful things in /newstuff or I'm looking at the wrong ones. I'm not talking about community projects. Actually all of the /newstuff is good too, I'm just not seeing anything like these maps and I'd love to play these experimentals.

Link to my project:

17 hours ago, Lokust Sun said:

I'm seeing wonderful things on this thread but not many wonderful things in /newstuff

That's obviously because /newstuff covers everything released to /idgames, and good releases are naturally in minority, while this thread covers only what its visitors show off, and there's stronger motivation to show off impressive stuff than unimpressive, so those with unimpressive stuff are less likely to be in this thread at all.

9 hours ago, franckFRAG said:

Hey The Mysterious Moustachio, could expect to see the project Interception II restarted?

It could be entirely possible to make it happen in the near future with the right resources. It just depends on how many people decide to join in really.

Etomana map05. Didn't really know why I wanted to start it from the exit area.

23795163_10213817128770004_4610260569233

On 20.11.2017 at 0:15 AM, Zanieon said:

the more rooms you add without reason, the more you will feel the map is incomplete

This is so true... Yet there is always some boring, connecting corridor that could be converted into a room full of tricks & traps :)

Current map sketches made yesterday. E2 will be very abstract, E1 have industrial theme.
6Gt1sQS.jpg

The previous made map was typical techbase with a pinch of caves. Group of hiding zombiemen/shotgunners leading by revenant at the top can be dangerous too.
sVxdMQV.jpg

Caves with many secret paths.
hXZtyDr.jpg

The ruined ceiling.
GlCLLoB.jpg

Voltage zone.
kyGLsoz.jpg

And top view of map which done in october. If you remember I've promised to add stone/rock outside. Also last week, I've changed some enemies and placed SSG at the start, anyway is pretty tough.
nAhblxW.jpg

10 hours ago, Zanieon said:

One song in loop for 4 hours and chill and it gives you this look:

thats some real shit. i just crank something and go to town andby the time i come out of the zone i realize some progress was made.

1 hour ago, cyan0s1s said:

For a sec I thought someone was actually making a new episode for SW.

It's actually new episode. First episode is done, the second episode is started, 9 maps have already been processed.

So, I haven't mapped for DOOM (or really anything for that matter) in about uh, 5ish years now? Recently I've felt a bit possessed so here are the results of that:

DwJtU3G.png

ThyaoRv.png

WCLKcxs.png

Yeah I like bloomy lights.

Working away on dllDooM for release at the end of the year, I have a feature in PC Powerplay that should drop mid December so hoping to time release around the same. 

Today I put together a short clip on all the magic required to have made this incredible transformation:

beforeafter2.png.4673e213959986eb495a872aa848f804.png

Feel free to check that out below.

4 hours ago, CARRiON said:

So, I haven't mapped for DOOM (or really anything for that matter) in about uh, 5ish years now? Recently I've felt a bit possessed so here are the results of that:

ThyaoRv.png

can we all just give it up for this screen real quick?

I decided I wasn't happy enough with the rooms I made, it had been awhile since I used DB2, so now that I'm somewhat refreshed I went ahead and redesigned them completely (minus the start area). I had made a lot of silly mistakes initially that are now all fixed.

idHjngO.png

mnQc79B.png

Nkml0s6.png

Just some minor adjustments in the starting area.

kclz6vI.png

Yeah I still like bloomy lights.

Preparing to rain Democracy on the filthy demons, worked on this thing for like 3 or 4 hours straight:

BYTESIZE MAP09

BYTESIZE_MAP09_v3_1.png?raw=1BYTESIZE_MAP09_v3_2.png?raw=1

BYTESIZE_MAP09_v3_0.png?raw=1

4 more maps needing cleanup and map10 is still a WIP then I might have something to show for this insanity to post up for playtesting.

I like finally the progression of this castle map - have been stuck with this.

5lAKcve.png

Trying to get a lot of height differences and many paths to go.