Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Herzon

What do you think the name for the Doom 2016 sequel will be?

Taking a possible leak from QC into consideration (if said leak is at all real), then it's not out of the question to name it "DOOM II: Death on Earth". Admittedly it's a shitty title, but a title nonetheless.

I'm not even sure if the leak was real. I don't have the original image, but it was a changelog updater for Quake Champions and there was an entry that said

"DOOM II: Death on Earth" Super Shotgun - Functioning prototype implemented

EDIT: This could very well just be the Doom II '94 SSG model, and there was a title mixup. But at the same time, it may not be (though I'm leaning towards the title confusion).

I have no idea, but I hope they take the "DOOM II: Hell on Earth" title as inspiration for the sequel. Having hellish versions of locations around the world (New York, Paris, etc) would be great. Similar to Wolfenstein 2's nuclear New York. Let's just hope they don't disappoint on the gameplay like Wolf 2 did though...

If the whole Death On Earth thing is real I don't imagine that it will be the name of the final product. Remember that the original slogan for Doom 2016 was "Hell's got no chance in Hell" before "Fight Like Hell" came about.

On 23/11/2017 at 10:14 PM, danielhday said:

Doom 5: The revenge of John Romero

That should have been the title for his new E1M8 map.

On 11/23/2017 at 5:14 PM, danielhday said:

Doom 5: The revenge of John Romero

Sorry to burst your bubble buddy but John Romero left ID ages ago. That makes your tittle suggestion INVALID. Please catch up on the news and try again. 

They should regroup like a band having a reunion tour to do some maps or something to sell them. I'd buy.

4 hours ago, Lokust Sun said:

They should regroup like a band having a reunion tour to do some maps or something to sell them. I'd buy.

Best you'd likely ever get would be some joint effort with John & Tom Hall. Maybe American McGee as he mentioned an impulse to do a map on twitter shortly after Romero released his (hasn't acted on it yet though). The amount of historical bad blood between the rest of crew will not see them ever coming back together IMO. Also I highly doubt this would ever be for profit, not while Tim Willits is still at id...

Doom: Hell Unleashed. No other ideas tbh (not like this one is very inspired but whatever).

Guessing the name of the next Doom game at the moment is pointless though since we have no idea what its setting and plot is going to be.

On 12/21/2017 at 2:25 AM, Quasar said:

Best you'd likely ever get would be some joint effort with John & Tom Hall. Maybe American McGee as he mentioned an impulse to do a map on twitter shortly after Romero released his (hasn't acted on it yet though). The amount of historical bad blood between the rest of crew will not see them ever coming back together IMO. Also I highly doubt this would ever be for profit, not while Tim Willits is still at id...

Please expand on the Tim Willits profit scenario. You left us hanging with that last sentence. I took the bait. 

5 hours ago, royaldj said:

Please expand on the Tim Willits profit scenario. You left us hanging with that last sentence. I took the bait. 

He's the lead designer, he gets a major say in all the projects at the company, and he doesn't get along with most of the people I just listed, especially not American McGee. So I don't see these two groups cooperating to produce an add-on for Doom being a realistic scenario given that fact in particular.

On 12/21/2017 at 2:25 AM, Quasar said:

Best you'd likely ever get would be some joint effort with John & Tom Hall. Maybe American McGee as he mentioned an impulse to do a map on twitter shortly after Romero released his (hasn't acted on it yet though). The amount of historical bad blood between the rest of crew will not see them ever coming back together IMO.

Was there bad blood with Sandy Petersen? (Although I can believe him not being interested in doing FPS stuff any more, seemed like he moved on from that in things he's been involved in since Quake.)

If it's going to have "Earth" in it, remind me to find a brick wall to bash my head through.

I still like my idea to connect it to the previous game. Doom Slayer starts out in Hell, sent there with the crucible. A buildup of Argent Energy goes out of control and a portal to Hell is opened, allowing Doom Slayer to escape but, by the time he arrives, the demons beat him to it. Sort of like what actually happens to set up Doom 2, except Doom Guy isn't the first one out this time.

Guest MIND

I'm not giving them more of my money and buying the sequel if they don't make modding and creating SnapMap's easier like they did with the original Dooms. The new game will be the same shit. People will beat the campaign and then it will just die out not even a year later.