Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomslayer11122

Whats the worst Doom WAD You have ever played?

41 minutes ago, YukiTakashi said:

7CYBDEM.wad which is one of the wads from D!Zone 2.

And just when I thought long lost memories would remain forever dead :|

Sorry but terry wads are the bane of my existence :/

Heck....I could do terrible maps if I want to :D

My old review of Playmasters:

undeniably the worst wad I have ever played. at no time is this fun, full orthogonal structures with monotonous texturing and puzzle-like gameplay. even worse is the combat, where you often fight cyberdemons in very tight and unfair spaces. one of the maps even has invisible crushers. avoid this at all costs

There was a tiny, crude map I played years ago, called EMODEATH or something like that, where the whole point of the map was to kill an emo kid. It was astonishingly stupid.

Guys I have the perfect combo for the shittiest WAD EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Want a map that:

1) has the Cyberdemon do less damage than the imps?

2) has replaced imps with black guys throwing basketballs?

3) has the enemies moan like being fucked, when they get shot?

4) has nude textures everywhere?

5) has no rocket launcher splash damage, because the rocket launcher throws dicks (now I get why it only has rocket launcher ammo in the level)?

6) is annoyingly happy? (very bright colors, stupid house at the beginning, forests filled with shrooms and annoyingly happy music)

If you answered yes, to at least one of the questions, then greatness awaits you in the following link:

Oh God protect us!!!

WHY DID I EVEN PLAY THIS SHIT???

Just remembered...

I was searching on random in idgames, for a map that I could try to fix (for Recycled CP) and all of a sudden this comes up. Once I started playing though, my eyes couldn't withstand this monstrosity and I quickly quit!!!

By the way, I must had not seen the title that day, as I was playtesting like 20 WADs (if you see it, you will understand what I am talking about)

P.S.: Here is a request. Please don't ban me! If you want to, you can freely delete this message! Thank you! And I am going to play some 2002ADO, just to wash away all this stupidity from my mind...

I remember playing Final Doom Return of the Evil God last year and my did it gave me a bad holiday season. I could go on picking something like Plutonia 3 - Going to Surface (No, it has nothing to do with Plutonia 1 and 2) or Playmasters for just how bad they are, but Final Doom Return of the Evil God just gave me a headache and didn't really made me optimistic for the month of December. The megawad is a random series of big empty levels with nothing pretty to look at and often some cheap enemy encounters to boot. The levels are frustratingly boring and the sounds added to the WAD just makes no sense, but then again none of the levels have any flow to them. One of the secret levels (MAP32) gave me an eyesore with all the flashing lights, of which the name of the level is called Club Doom and makes me wish I played the PSX level instead. The final level (MAP30) is an ugly racetrack that uses makes use of telefragging yourself to death if you are somehow running on the wrong path, similar to MAP30: Last Call from TNT: Evilution where you must go to the right candle color or else you die of telefragging yourself. I just raged quit after that and I don't have any intention of ever finishing the WAD seeing that everything else about it just annoys me. I also recall the levels being long and maze-like, so I rather not tire out my patience.

19 hours ago, ShotgunDemolition said:

Guys I have the perfect combo for the shittiest WAD EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

/snipped for keeping from a wall of text

Oh God protect us!!!

"I made this for my friend because he says he hates futanari, but I know he's lying because EVERYBODY loves futanari."

I wonder how fast he lost his friend for that wad.

On 28/11/2017 at 10:24 AM, GoatLord said:

There was a tiny, crude map I played years ago, called EMODEATH or something like that, where the whole point of the map was to kill an emo kid. It was astonishingly stupid.

Ahh, I remember that, we are at our peak of evolution...

I guess I'm lucky in that I've not played many wads I didn't like. However, BTSX: Episode 2 was one of those such wads. So many meandering, overly large maps, not enough colour and texture variation for my liking, and generally just not an enjoyable play, sadly...

JOW is probably a good candidate. Or that so-called "Plutonia 3".

7 hours ago, DoomGuy9001 said:

BTSX: Episode 2

Aww. Thats one of my very favorite modern wads. I even prefer it over episode 1 myself, since a lot of its maps felt like atmospheric adventures.

Edited by Mason.

Worst WAD I ever played was pretty much any WAD that I attempted to create.

Now I just play other people's dedicated work -- and judge it.

I'm not as dead-set against Terry WADs as most people. I have a juvenile sense of humor, and I enjoy a good troll WAD (occasionally, mind you).

But the ones that mess with your settings can fuck RIGHT off. Takes me forever to fix that shit.

One of the worst in my recent memory is a Zdoom wad called "Celestial Site" that was made for the Doomjà-vu competition.

It wasn't bad in the sense that it tried to troll you, or that the map looks like it's from 1994. On the contrary, it actually starts out really good and visually appealing, until you realize about 15 minutes in that the map is completely unbeatable due to a severe lack of balance. Cramped corridors, enemies with way too much health that do way too much damage, and almost no ammo whatsoever.

It's maps like these that are in my opinion worthy of such an award. Maps that were made with good intentions, but ended up being completely miserable experiences.

Planning on streaming a playthrough of the highly acclaimed Plutonia 3 in the next couple weeks. Gotta fill my 2 streams per year quota after all. What better to use it on than an awesome, groundbreaking sequel to 2 of the best megawads ever??

8 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

Planning on streaming a playthrough of the highly acclaimed Plutonia 3 in the next couple weeks. Gotta fill my 2 streams per year quota after all. What better to use it on than an awesome, groundbreaking sequel to 2 of the best megawads ever??

You are in for some fun times my friend. Fun times indeed.

On 10/12/2017 at 2:17 AM, Doomkid said:

Should there not be a rule against publishing sub par wads under the name of a well known franchise?

On 12/6/2017 at 10:15 AM, TurrboAnklet said:

I'm not as dead-set against Terry WADs as most people. I have a juvenile sense of humor, and I enjoy a good troll WAD (occasionally, mind you).

But the ones that mess with your settings can fuck RIGHT off. Takes me forever to fix that shit.

The problem I have with Terry WADs is that through about the first half of many of them, it seems to me that the mapper actually has some degree of talent and has created a decent-looking level. ... And then you end up teleported to a giant penis-shaped room with flashing lights and mocking warnings that you're about to get raped in some random body part or parts. *SIGH*

Granted, not all Terry WADs are examples of potential talent frittered away, but some of them clearly are.

As for the "worst" ... ? I agree with @ETTiNGRiNDER, picking one would be supremely difficult. For some reason, these two do stand out in my memory. I don't remember their names, but they were on D!Zone (I think it was the first one):

A Doom 1 map (I think) that was just a mish-mash of various Hell textures (marble, bone, skin, etc.) that were mis-aligned and the level was filled with various Hell fixtures (the dais with the beating heart on it, skulls on pikes, the floating yellow skull thing, etc.). I don't remember much else.

For the other, the automap was an inverted pentagram with a goat's head in it. While interesting that they took the time to "accurately" draw that out in an editor (in the mid-90's), the level itself was just tall walls (taller than 128 units) with no height variation and the floor texture was just the black Slough of Despair texture. And there were Sergeants. Again, I don't remember much else.

1 hour ago, Pegleg said:

For the other, the automap was an inverted pentagram with a goat's head in it. While interesting that they took the time to "accurately" draw that out in an editor (in the mid-90's), the level itself was just tall walls (taller than 128 units) with no height variation and the floor texture was just the black Slough of Despair texture. And there were Sergeants. Again, I don't remember much else.

I remember playing a map like that once, in so far as drawing out the Seal of Baphomet on the automap, but I don't recall that one being TOO awful so I'm not sure if it was the same one.  Pretty sure this is the one I remember, with different floor heights and whatnot:

https://www.wad-archive.com/wad/PENTAGRA-WAD

Alright, this may be more of a graphic swap than a map set, but its so fucking cringeworthy that I just wanted to talk about it in this thread (BTW, am I the only one who's in the mood to be on a posting spree?).

This one's called rdhud.wad. It's nothing more than a basic HUD replacement WAD. That replaces the face graphics with an MLP character.

I have no idea who thought this was a good idea (The creator is joe-ilya) or why it was made, but, alas, it exists.

If you're willing to play this, you can get your hands on it here.

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?file=combos/rdhud.zip

Just so you know, I hate MLP with a passion, and I don't know why so many males (MALES! FUCKING MALES!) could enjoy such a show.