Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pure Hellspawn

Recently Made Non Megawads With an Icon of Sin

Shameless promotion, but few months ago I made this map, which contains monster spawner and boss brains which players need to telefrag in order to exit map. Idk, ending is quite slaughtery, but I put invulnerability spheres, so it should be easy or if not, I won't mind if you use cheats. It's quite newbish to be honest, but here try anyway. 

One of the Master Levels for Doom II had an Icon of Sin if I recall correctly. (EDIT: Mephisto.wad is the one that has an Icon of Sin battle.)

Don't know anything that came out recently that was just a boss shooter, but here's an old single Icon map from one of the authors of Memento Mori.

36 minutes ago, valkiriforce said:

Don't know anything that came out recently that was just a boss shooter, but here's an old single Icon map from one of the authors of Memento Mori.

i remember that one! it was hard! great map!!

thanks for the recommendation!

I don't play very many recent maps, but here's a set of 11 maps from 2001, nine of which can be considered IoS battles.

I don't know recent wads with Icon of Sin, but I can propose UAC Ultra...

Edit, oh nevermind, I read the subject too quickly.

But Icon of Sin usually has to be on Map30, right? Otherwise the monsters will be getting stuck in each other while spawning. So that's why it mostly appears in megawads I guess.

Anyway, if 2014 is considered recent, there is Cosa 'e mandinga.

5 hours ago, Memfis said:

But Icon of Sin usually has to be on Map30, right? Otherwise the monsters will be getting stuck in each other while spawning. So that's why it mostly appears in megawads I guess.

Anyway, if 2014 is considered recent, there is Cosa 'e mandinga.

I think when we're bringing up levels from 1998 and 2001, 2014 can definitely be considered recent.

Also, why would the monsters get stuck while spawning on maps other than Map30? As I recall, the cube spitter is one Thing, with spawn locations for the cubes being separate Things. Those can be placed anywhere in the area in front of the Icon of Sin (except for directly East from the origin). As long as you had more than 1 spawn location and they were in the same area as you (so the monsters would be activated), they shouldn't stack up, right?

On Map30 monsters are allowed to telefrag (that's why in Icon of Sin you sometimes die "for no reason"), but in all other slots they just spawn inside each other. That often results in funny looking monster hybrids. :P

Love these maps! Played the beginning (the bare beginning) of each - though i did already play a couple of them and they seem really good!

1 hour ago, Memfis said:

On Map30 monsters are allowed to telefrag (that's why in Icon of Sin you sometimes die "for no reason"), but in all other slots they just spawn inside each other. That often results in funny looking monster hybrids. :P

this adds a bit of horror to the game. just suddenly dying due to a telefrag. Boom!

1 hour ago, valkiriforce said:

Also, if we're talking about non-megawads in general that don't necessarily have to be just one map, there's also my episode for Doom II called Eternally Yours, which has a boss shooter on MAP11.

Nope. Doesn't have to be one map. Can be anything not in the megawads.

Things like Erik Alm's AASHTTY (is that it)? (that episode with the really hard Icon fight that I won't spoil here)

Or Mandrill Ass Project - this one is a little creepy

Or the one with a computer based Icon of Sin fight.

I did play Eternally Yours before - and enjoyed it a lot.

If this uploads correctly, it's a quick map30 I made in september to test whether I could use deh to make the IOS summon cyberdemons and chaingunners. It works, with a couple of side effects. You can exit if you survive for five minutes.

ioshackthing.zip