Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Merry Widow

Anyone ever been harassed by an A***** seller before?

Earlier this month I bought a tablet from Amazon.Okay, then the tablet up and died on me, so I sent i back and got a refund.No problem.But now, the seller wants me to give a 5 star seller and product review.Finally reported him.Anyone else ever had this happen?Seems weird to me.This isn't really a rant, still just thinking whatever....(mods, if I'm not allowed to post something like this, it's okay to delete this pos)

If they took it back and refunded no problem, then there's no problem. It's only an asshole if they were difficult and refused to refund/take it back/all sales are final.

If they keep pestering, put them under spam or block communication and save yourself any stress

People in my neighborhood can't GIVE assholes away, so willingly buying one seems weird.

LOL But to pester me for almost a month?And say the product was great?Still odd.I can understand wanting the 5 star reviews tho.I did block this guy.Btw, only got 3/4 a refund.And had to pay return postage.Soooo no review.

5 hours ago, Captain red pants said:

Nobody's ever tried to sell me an asshole. Even politely.

5 hours ago, Impie said:

People in my neighborhood can't GIVE assholes away, so willingly buying one seems weird.

Lmao Where I live, some people are so greedy they'll take anything if it's free.But most of them around here really are decent.

Edited by grouchbag

1 hour ago, grouchbag said:

only got 3/4 a refund.And had to pay return postage.

2 star review tops if the product died on you without it being your fault. That's bullshit, I would not only give a bad review but I would black list the seller and block, but I would leave a review saying how I got ripped off.

8 hours ago, grouchbag said:

But most of them around here really are decent.

Most of what? The assholes or the people?

1 hour ago, Impie said:

Most of what? The assholes or the people?

People.But it does get pretty funny.

8 hours ago, MrGlide said:

2 star review tops if the product died on you without it being your fault. That's bullshit, I would not only give a bad review but I would black list the seller and block, but I would leave a review saying how I got ripped off.

3 hours ago, Pegg said:

They spent a month nagging you after a broken product? Give them a 0 star review and tell people to not buy from them then!

Left a 1 star seller review, along with a warning not to let this seller or any other to coerce you.Guess I'll stick with my fire tablet a bit longer.

I was going to mention the hooker in Nyugati Underpass who didn't want to take a polite no for an answer, but then I realized you didn't mean that kind of asshole seller.

Amazon sorts the sellers in order of best ratings with most amount of reviewers at the lowest price. Most people always click whatever is on the top of the list. If you're not first, your last in the amazon sales game. To give him a less than average review is to cost him many thousands of dollars out of his annual salary.

Depends on how many reviews the seller has. If they have 500+ reviews, one negative review isn't going to be a career ender. If enough people feel the seller's service is shitty, they should be receiving negative feedback anyway as sellers who can please their customers are the ones who deserve to be sorted to the top.

I mainly buy on eBay rather than Amazon but I have no hangups about leaving neutral or negative feedback if I get fucked around too badly, and no one should - this is how we separate the wheat from the chaff in competitive industries. If anything, you're doing a service to other customers by leaving accurate feedback. If you get fucked around but leave positive feedback anyway, you're enabling shitty practice and indirectly leading other customers right into the same headache that you had to deal with.

Edited by Doomkid

The seller did have good ratings.Even tho I only got 3/4 of a refund and had to pay return postage, I just thought it best to let it go, lesson learned.The tablet quit on me the same day I got it.I returned it the next day.But like I said, the seller wanted a 5 star product review, as well as seller review.Getting emails for this for almost a month, I reported him to Amazon.At first I told him no, but after getting 3 emails a day for nearly a week, I had enough.No more emails.For the most part, I generally do leave good reviews.

This all settled now.Bought an 8 in Fire tablet.Maybe not the best, but at least I'll be able to see better with it.Close enough.

Edited by grouchbag