Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

24 minutes ago, Grazza said:

Sounds about right. Will check tomorrow, since on phone... Thank you!

So I guess instead of looking for an actual WAD, I have a miscellaneous question about a certain existing WAD or collection of maps.

I noticed in one of the reviews for Reverie someone left this:

BTW you may be interested in the Demon Gate Mega Collection (google liquid doom) it has 1 and 13.

Tried looking out of curiosity for this thing, and came across an old shovelware CD collection by the same name. So...what the heck? I did check Liquid Doom's downloads to see if my maps were in there, but I was forbidden from downloading it. Can anyone confirm or let me know what this is about?

I'm looking for a map that I saw within the last year. It's not necessarily that new, but I think it's from the last few years (although I could be wrong about that). It's a slaughter WAD, which I don't normally enjoy, but this one had a couple features that stand out in my mind:

1. Toward the end of the level, after you'd killed most of the monsters, a door opened somewhere (far out of view) and an Archvile came out and started to stalk you. Along the way, it would start resurrecting all the monsters you'd already killed. So, if you didn't stop the Archvile, you would just keep facing unending waves of enemies that were coming back from the dead.

2. There were graphics that depicted banners showing famous (or rather, infamous) villains from both history (a la Hitler) and fiction (a la Voldemort) as you went between the different areas of the map.

40 minutes ago, RjY said:

@Pegleg Not sure about (1) but (2) sounds like a Deus Vult II map Hell's Vendetta

@RjY Yes, that's it! Hell's Vendetta. Thank you.

It turns out, I didn't describe (1) very well. Toward the end of the map, there are four corners where large mobs of monsters will spawn and an archvile will spawn with them. So, the archvile will do what archviles do and start resurrecting dead monsters. It was inaccurate to describe that simply as a door opens and an archvile starts to stalk you.

On 11/6/2017 at 10:55 AM, valkiriforce said:

So I guess instead of looking for an actual WAD, I have a miscellaneous question about a certain existing WAD or collection of maps.

I noticed in one of the reviews for Reverie someone left this:

Tried looking out of curiosity for this thing, and came across an old shovelware CD collection by the same name. So...what the heck? I did check Liquid Doom's downloads to see if my maps were in there, but I was forbidden from downloading it. Can anyone confirm or let me know what this is about?

Uh, if my memory serves me correctly, this had to do with Bob Evans's Odessa levels and their draconic distribution clause (the collection in question having Odessa 1 and Odessa 13). Bob of course eventually uploaded the maps he had finished but did not publish the contents of his private Compuserve archive before disappearing again.

On 9.11.2017 at 5:59 PM, Pegleg said:

@RjY Yes, that's it! Hell's Vendetta. Thank you.

It turns out, I didn't describe (1) very well. Toward the end of the map, there are four corners where large mobs of monsters will spawn and an archvile will spawn with them. So, the archvile will do what archviles do and start resurrecting dead monsters. It was inaccurate to describe that simply as a door opens and an archvile starts to stalk you.

That's "Hell's vendetta" from "deus vult II". Think it's in slot 23 of the set.

It has four wings with star wars characters, super mario characters, LOTR characters and whatnot. That's gotta be the map you refer to.

EDIT: Nevermind didn't see RjY's response, sorry.

Two questions for archivists concerning Vick Bobkov aka Virgil the Doom Poet:

1) Vick mentions a WAD called Black and White (BW.ZIP) on his website where it was apparently available to download but never appeared on the archives. Does anyone have it?

2) I think that I've answered this one for myself, but the text file for AfterDoom 2 describes it as "Another megawad from me. Same features as Afterdoom, except the levels, graphics, and music are new and different". Is Afterdoom some megaWAD that has been lost to the sands of time, or is Vick just using it as a confusing pet name for Doom II? "Another megawad from me" is the main thing throwing me off but it's probably just poor phrasing ("Another megawad[, this one] from me")

First:
Semi modernish. Pre-2012? Maybe ZDoom.
Very large dark underground cave with a large central (red?) island as the main play area.
The island is mostly solid with internal rooms and a beach, Reminds me of an underground Mt Erebus.
At some point you drop from a dark floored hallway back down onto the beach.

Edit: Way off, turns out this one is E3M7 of DTWID.

Second:
Old deathmatch map I found on the web somewhere.
Outside pathway that leads to a barricade plank across a door as a special effect.
Near the door is an ocean up over a short retaining wall. The ocean has a soulsphere deep water trap filled with lava.

Third:
Vague. Maybe just a dream? Very old? D!Zone?
A rectangular center area with doors to enter on the four walls. ROCK1-3, tall colored torches, and steps near one of the doors?
Maybe the rectangles walls were all ROCK1-3?
One of the doors (maybe just a doorway) leads up stairs to halls (SHAWN?).
Section of the halls floor lowers into liquid (slime?) as a trap. Maybe has a narrow bridge like Quake E1M6.

Edited by Randy87

I have been looking all day and can't for the life of me find a certain Christmas doom e1m1 level from 1994 that I somehow obtained not by all my doom cd-roms. It had reindeer instead of pinkys in a movie theatre and the spiderdemon at the end was a giant skull in a santa hat. I loved that level to death BUT my girlfriend thinks I made it all up or am crazy because she can't find it for me either. Anyone remember?

I played a few months ago a cool wad, but i forgot his name. At the begining, you were on a black room and in front of you a pistol. You get out of there, you are in a yard with all kind of museums of texture, monsters, guns etc. At next level you could go on a foggy room, or a tornado. Please, tell me,IF YOU KNOW, the name of that wad. It was kind of a example wad.(sry my english)

If anyone has 100lineskcm.wad on their hard drive, I would appreciate a copy.

Anybody remember the name of a ZDOOM mod from circa 2015 that took inspiration from an obscure, very obscure FPS game with big mouths with legs as one variant of the enemies?

@kmc Do you still have that Doom 1 map you made for my episode project? I now feel bad for rejecting it. Dunno what I was thinking. I hope I didn't discourage you from mapping too much!

53 minutes ago, taufan99 said:

Anybody remember the name of a ZDOOM mod from circa 2015 that took inspiration from an obscure, very obscure FPS game with big mouths with legs as one variant of the enemies?

Mayhem Mansion, based on Exploding Lips.

4 hours ago, Memfis said:

@kmc Do you still have that Doom 1 map you made for my episode project? I now feel bad for rejecting it. Dunno what I was thinking. I hope I didn't discourage you from mapping too much!

Yeah still have it, I'm glad you rejected it though.  I feel embarrassed when I play it now. 

Looking for a doom mod I played many years ago. It was very Hexeny, with a sword and weird fantasy weapons, including some kind of blood shotgun. Had castles and cathedrals, puzzles. I think every kill with the sword fed a meter, and could be unleashed for a super attack.

Hello the wad that i seek for was kinda a survival with rounds and each game would in roullete way choose diffrent enemies i also remember that it was in a city i saw that wad in one of ICARUSLIV3S videos

Hello the wad that i seek for was kinda a survival with rounds and each game would in roullete way choose diffrent enemies i also remember that it was in a city i saw that wad in one of ICARUSLIV3S videos (the comment got doubled)

a city based megawad of 32 maps, 1994-style but and worth a replay. The midis were particularly catchy and was made by some French guy. Last played in 2004. had subway maps, street maps, factory maps. had new textures and flats. no dehacked lump.

Edited by yorivdood