Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andrea Rovenski

Sunlust + Summer of '69 demos [-complevel 9]

damn, the times on that map are getting insane.

great demo! RK area looks seriously tense when played that aggressively. lotsa very clean strats in the latter parts of the demo too, shows a lot of work went into finding the safe and efficient ways to handle each area.

Someone named Mosal did map30 UVmax in 27½ minutes a month or so ago. It doesn't seem to have been reported here, I only heard about it from random off-topic chatter in the channel of some twitch stream. Thus, seems likely others may have also missed it.

http://doomedsda.us/lmps/2658/1/sl30-2729.zip

13 hours ago, 0xf00ba12 said:

wow - incredible! i absolutely love some of your pinpoint accurate 180 degree spins :D

are you going to move straight to working on ep3?

on a side note, is it just me or are Sunlust's map names just awesome?

Edited by rehelekretep

I'd like to try E3 eventually, though the thought of Map 29's opening and 30's length are daunting. Better to grind out ILs for each of those maps first and then work on the episode run.

On 11/17/2017 at 8:49 PM, 0xf00ba12 said:

ballsy strats! love the av jumps in 17/18. (also slightly nerve-wracking to be wandering around 18 after the crusher exist thingie, didn't really take that into consideration heh)

Thanks @tchkb for posting as I was away when Episode 2 movie was posted and I missed it!

Just to say it was adorable. Lol @Ribbiks, but you deserve some credit for all that plasma and rocket ammo in all levels. Did you notice that SSG was almost unused in the whole run?

epic demo

i dont know enough about the map to comment on strategy and route but i particularly liked the 4hp and the cyber at the end 👌

Episode 1 HNTR-Max in 31:44, PrBoom+ v2.5.1.5, -complevel 9

It's awful, but at least it's faster than sum of my IL bests (32:41). Could do EP1 UV-Max too, but it would be super slow and casual.

sle1s2-3144.zip

Episode 1 UV-Max in 1:25:36, PrBoom+ v2.5.1.5, -complevel 9

First try with minimal practice. Extra slow and casual for your (un)enjoyment.

In all seriousness, nobody should watch this slugfest unless you want to take notes of the more reasonable safe strats employed and ammo consumed in executing them to route something faster and more efficient.

sle1-12536.zip

Episode 2 HNTR-Max in 50:22, PrBoom+ v2.5.1.5, -complevel 9

First full run attempt. Barely missed sub50 - forgot to take a pile of rockets in final area of MAP19, slowed down a little too much in the last level as a result and even had to backtrack to a secret I forgot earlier. I'll definitely attempt to improve this in the coming days, but it'll be very tough, staying alive through all this shit first try was already a miracle.

EDIT got it three attempts later.

sle2s2-5022.zip

sle2s2-4939.zip

Edited by tchkb