Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grimosaur

Good free music software for making doom-style midi?

I really want to make my own midi and soundtracks for WADs but I really don't think its worth it to spend over 100 quid getting full-on professional music software just so I can make some stanky midis.

Any suggestions would be nice.

stock-photograph-of-a-pretty-asian-girl-screaming-into-a-trumpet-AWDK0P.jpg.4de7f4c01a15fb1e32f54e01f1a11f6d.jpg

1 hour ago, NeedHealth said:

I've been tinkering with Anvil for a bit.

Just downloaded it and its pretty good! Now I just need to learn it I guess ;)

I haven't done a whole lot of MIDI stuff, but I usually lay down the basics in FL Studio. For more extensive MIDI work, Sekaiju is probably what you're looking for.

If you do get the urge to mess around with various MIDI tools, I enjoy composing in Guitar Pro and fine-tuning in Sekaiju. Just tossing a couple more recommendations out there!

at this point im willing to place a bounty for the first good MIDI Tracker. the junk out there right now makes you assign your individual channels to MIDI channels and most don't even try to recreate the .XM/.IT inline effects with MIDI commands at all

what I want is a tracker which dynamically places notes in appropriate channels, synthesizes tracker effects with MIDI effects in a way that actually suits the ear and then exports to .MID without you having to hold its hand every step of the way

cos I fuckin hate sequencers with all my heart and most of my soul

(since posting that rant I checked out Midget II for DOS and it's almost everything I wanted... no .XM/.IT style effects but everything else is solid. having troubles exporting non-wobbly .MIDs but it might be something I'm doing wrong with teh song data)