Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Leia

Assistance PLEASE

Doom 2 Hell on Earth...the iPod4 compatible version. Level E3M6: The Abandoned Mines (on map view it says "monster spawner") how the hell do I get out of the room with the collapsing ceiling (blue door?) After you've been through the whole thing...if that brick wall comes back up you must use the transporter pad which takes you back to the room with the blue eye button, then you're stuck in that blue door section of the level with no way out...

Am I missing something? I've been all over and over and over that section...

Thanks!

~L

doom.PNG

Edited by Leia : pic

2 hours ago, Leia said:

Doom 2 Hell on Earth...the iPod4 compatible version. Level E3M6: The Abandoned Mines (on map view it says "monster spawner")

So while what you're stuck on is shown in the screenshot, it's worth pointing out you have actually said different contradictory things. Doom2: Hell On Earth != E3M6 (Doom) != The Abandoned Mines (MAP26) != Freedoom (Your screenshot).

Freedoom maps are undocumented on the wiki, annoyingly, so I'm not actually sure what map that is, or even what version (the maps keep changing).

That map is MAP30 of some old and outdated version of Freedoom and you have to take the right teleporter of the invisible maze. This puzzle is extremely hard unless you discover the secret, close to the red skeleton key, with a backpack and press the eye switch, to light up the proper path in that invisible maze.

Litrivin, ...yes it IS really difficult, and on an iPod Touch 4 nonetheless. Okay, so I know the eye switch after you kill the skeleton and climb to the top, are you talking about after I get the yellow key and make my way BACK to the room with the eye switch? Is that when I try the eye again? What were you referring to when you said the RED key? Can you re-explain in dummy mode? Here I am on the map in the very beginning by the red key. Do I need to do something here to highlight the path out?

Thanks!!

~L

doom1.PNG

doommap.PNG

Turn 180 degrees and press use on that wall.

I mean you have to restart the level, making sure you discover that secret. Then, when you get the yellow key you have to return to the blue key door zone and search, again, for that invisible maze. The left teleporter is optional, to discover one megasphere. And take the right teleporter to escape once and for all the blue key door zone.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:40 AM, Litrivin said:

Turn 180 degrees and press use on that wall.

How do I press "use" on an ipod touch?? Are you talking about activating the keyboard with the 4 finger touch and typing in "use" like a cheat code?

Get close to that hidden door and touch on the center of the screen, assuming you have the auto-use feature disabled. With auto-use enabled, just get close to “use” it automatically.

That map is this one, “View Automap” will show the entire map, including these lines tagged as hidden by the author:

https://www.wad-archive.com/wad/c9e8509835bed812a685f923fa3bf25a

By the way, that control scheme is the worst offered by apps based on Doom Classic for iOS. Select the second one (dual thumbpad) which allows turning and strafing at the same time, and move the controls if needed. Then, play until you get accustomed, because this control scheme is really good taking into account the limitations of playing such game via a touch screen.

OMG!!! How do you know that secret door is there in the first place!? Wow! Also on the map link you included, what are all those different colored dots? How the hell do I discover "secrets" in other levels?? How would I even know where to look? This is awesome!  Thank you!! :)

I made it out of the cursed blue area and found another whole place I didn't even know existed, but now my dumdass is stuck in there too. At the top of the tower (in the screenshot) there is yet another eye switch, when I press it I can hear something activate, but I've looked everywhere and can't find whatever it is. AND the door you come in won't let you back out again. WTH? 5a21017a072ef_doomss.PNG.a9e724a1431dde7446cc21b5a1dfd09c.PNG

doommap.PNG

doommap.PNG

doom ss.PNG

Edited by Leia : screen shots

You have to kill Richard Stallman to win the game. I am not joking, there is a severed head of Richard Stallman inside that big skull, but you cannot see him directly (unless you enter the IDCLIP cheat code). Grab an invulnerability sphere if needed, kill the most annoying surrounding monsters, select the rocket launcher and have good timing to shoot several rockets into the hole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dts6GqZ2hO0

Regarding secrets, well, search for and use the usual tips: some suspicious texture of another colour or misaligned / indented which is actually a door you can use, some suspicious line on the automap (especially when you get the computer area map), suspicious sounds when you cross certain line, some flame light of a different colour which is actually a hidden switch...

The thing is, as Edward850 already stated, there is nothing or next to nothing of information, such as detailed walkthroughs and demos, regarding these maps. And these maps have kept, keep and will keep changing, so any info regarding them may be inaccurate eventually. You are at your own mercy, basically.

Last thing, if you enter twice the IDDT cheat code on the automap, this one will show the entire map (secrets will be highlighted in pink colour) and things: green triangles are things (weapons, ammo, health items, armours, decorations, lost souls, dead monsters...), red triangles are countable live monsters (all living monsters save for lost souls), yellow triangles are countable items (soulspheres, megaspheres, invisibility spheres, invulnerability spheres, berserk packs, health / armour bonuses, computer area maps...) and blue / red / yellow crosses are keys.

Wow!!! Thank you! I'm going to have to re-read that.  One thing I've noticed, though, is that (on my iPod at least) almost none of the ID cheat codes work at all...including IDCLIP...it's very frustrating when I'm stuck. I try NOT to use the codes too much, but in this version of Hell on Earth, I can only get God mode to work.

I do look for different textures or other clues, but on the eye switch that you showed me in the very beginning of the level...there was NOTHING to indicate that door was there...when I activated it, my jaw dropped...literally. You would have been laughing at me!

~L

P.S. On the vid clips you send...how the hell are they moving SO fast??!! It's crazy speed!