Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Best status bar

@Doomkid Great selection there, some of those I have on hand. The Area51 one was also used in The Twilight Zone IIRC which is where I first saw it. Nostalgic.

6 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Good eye! I just happened to have that screenshot on hand so I used it, what you're seeing is a bit of a deathmatch map by Fonze. Not sure if he ever released it, but it was really good.

Lol <3

We need to HereDM again soon :)

10 hours ago, Doomkid said:

status bars

tenor.gif.2c02200fbd4c98b156782a8cee3a55a5.gif

-------------------------------

I forgot to add this one from No End In Sight the other day:

neis_bar.png.a3c6ebe1342a6adb6c81272875bf38fa.png

Edited by galileo31dos01

There is something strangely charming about the status bar. Even though I don't really use it much anymore, when I was a kid playing all these FPS with their big status bars on the bottom of the screen I always felt like a super badass terminator or something.

Hmm, I think I don't like the label-less ones. It's not like I don't understand what is what without the labels, but status bars just look incomplete that way.

On 30.11.2017 at 7:56 PM, gaspe said:

Community Chest series:

Screenshot_Doom_20171130_162751.png.a32d13cfce9dbe000376a0e1e1dc68d1.png

16 hours ago, Doomkid said:

kZ0Gpvn.png Badass statbar from BioWar featuring a crusty old man.

The style seems familiar. If I had to guess, the original art came from something 3D Realms made.

I haven't played with the default status bar in years. I either use the advanced one in GLBoom+, which shows K/I/S and map time, or the alternative HUD in GZDoom, which does the above but also shows ammo for all weapons. As far as modded ones go, the HXRTC hud has the best practical design, which was posted earlier in this thread.

My personal favourites are BTSX Ep1, Eternal and Freedoom.  Those 3 are really cool and each have something a little different from each other.

PS:  Somebody (with the knowledge!) should package up all these HUDs and release a mod that allows one to choose their desired HUD from a menu...

The hacx status bar is pretty sweet too.

Screenshot_Hacx_20140821_185435_.png

I'm surprised that nobody talked about the awesome statbar from Beyond Reality.Rll.png.122966880b3391d6e84a3714b66ef71d.png

My favourite was the Devilution statusbar. I was sad that we couldnt keep it in Revilution, that status bar was meant to convey Doomguy just doesnt get a break, his status bar is smashed up and ruined and corrupted after his journey through Evilution, and now hes got another 32 levels to get through before he gets a break, poor bastard.

probably not my favorite, but I've made this sick DN3D styled status bar for my Duke3D vanilla weapons pack for well, vanilla wads

dn3dstyledstatbar.png.820fc37d9f92583d89fcb18a651b190b.png

if you wanna know what's that all about I'll soon make a forum thread regarding it

I like Tangerine Nightmare's, because orange and black is a good colour scheme and just look how nice those numbers are.

vDBLnrC.png

Normally I stick with vanilla. Everything else tends to look so ugly to me, like those old Super Mario 64 machinima where people would skin Mario with whatever gaudy colours MS Paint offers in its default palette.

However, on the occasions where I play maps which require freelook, I've found that having that portion of the screen completely covered gives me severe nausea. SeventhSentinel's "Transparent Vanilla HUD" seems to have been created for this exact use-case.

Screenshot_Doom_20180410_230342.png

It has the super convenient feature of specifically being a replacement for ZDoom's "Minimal" HUD, rather than the base game, which enables this "freelook on/off" keybinding I've made to work right:

autoexec.cfg:

alias freelookon "set freelook 1 ; set autoaim 0 ; set screenblocks 11 ; set crosshairon 1 ; bind kp5 nofreelook"
alias nofreelook "centerview ; set freelook 0 ; set autoaim 35 ; set screenblocks 10 ; set crosshairon 0 ; bind kp5 freelookon"
nofreelook

With this config, my gameplay (if not much else, as with the way it goes in ZDoom) is 100% vanilla until I tap my KP5 key.

On 11/29/2017 at 5:10 PM, Grain of Salt said:

Quite like this one 

doom622.png

What WAD is this from? It looks very nice.

10 minutes ago, ludicrous_peridot said:

I loved this one at first sight

I'm using this statusbar(without mugface though) in my megawad in progress: