Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

1 hour ago, dobu gabu maru said:

I'm sure nothing bad is waiting at the top of these stairs!!!!!!!!

Hjvz9tg.gif

Xenomorphs, Facehuggers and Terrywads?

1 hour ago, Dragonfly said:

@StormCatcher.77 looks amazing. I look forward to giving it a shot.

Here's my JoM submission:

THE EDITOR (Yeah, I know. WHAT A MESS!)

b20a160135641a8fa288a6e811bcfe3e.png

THE AUTOMAP

c354ef3550d80f2e4d8df7df95823fff.png

What happens if textured automap is turned on?

It looks an awful lot like the editor and it is fully visible as soon as you do a quick 360 turn, heh. :P

37e75188992724be6a3d84a2dcc7e33d.png

did you do all the mapping _over_ the automap drawing? that looks like such a huge pain. could you have made the map and drawing separately and then just pasted all the linedef art over top the finished map?

3 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

It looks an awful lot like the editor and it is fully visible as soon as you do a quick 360 turn, heh. :P

37e75188992724be6a3d84a2dcc7e33d.png

There is a UDMF sector flag to hide a sector from the textured automap, if you want to try to fix that. ;)

@BreezeepCool city/castle stuff there.

Started on a Start level, this is the sight at the spawn point. Maybe add some glowy signs for each corridor here.

r77SsZA.png

Here's some episode/mission selection area. After each mission, success or failure, you'll return back to this level. Other areas could be a tutorial, difficulty selection and a shop for buying stuff.

8Bzp0LO.png

I'm pretty proud of this. I made a transport ship floating in the sky at the beginning of my first map (which I just released, yay!) which I think adds a ton of atmosphere. Unfortunately it's really hard to see without proper mouselook.

Screenshot_Doom_20171203_151003.png

7 minutes ago, GoatLord said:

Unfortunately it's really hard to see without proper mouselook.

Maybe you could make a smaller sector surrounding the entire ship and lower it along with the ship just enough so it still floats without cutting off any of the surrounding architecture making it easier to see.

27 minutes ago, SuperCupcakeTactics said:

Maybe you could make a smaller sector surrounding the entire ship and lower it along with the ship just enough so it still floats without cutting off any of the surrounding architecture making it easier to see.

If I hadn't already released it, this would be an option, lol. I think I put it up too high but I wanted to create a sense of depth.