Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

I've actually used a midi composed by @Jimmy, but there's nothing stopping you popping that mid in it's place when you play it! ;D

20 hours ago, Gez said:

There is a UDMF sector flag to hide a sector from the textured automap, if you want to try to fix that. ;)

Thank you! This is something I didn't realise existed, so thanks a bunch :D

I am still looking for what you already have: mastering of the lighting. I know how lighting works - every light source has a small hot spot and a wide effect radius, and some surfaces reflect it more than others. But Doom's 2D sector logics don't help a lot...

._.

On 12/2/2017 at 9:53 AM, StormCatcher.77 said:

I continue to make a map for JOM5. Progress for today:

jom5-unnamed-map-02.jpg

That lighting is beautiful. Teach me your ways, lad.

2 hours ago, Jaska said:

Inside a castle

<snip>

Getting Castlevania vibes from this.  All that's left to do now is copy it, recolor it, and flip it upside down (if only the process was that simple).

19 minutes ago, valkiriforce said:

Seems you really stumbled on the trove.

Completely pointless linguistic digression: "trove" is not a noun, but an adjective. It means "found" in Old Norman (where adjectives are after the noun they modify, like in French; instead of before, like in English). The phrase "treasure trove" means "found treasure" and is a juridic concept in English law, being part of a number of other expressions in Law French.

6 hours ago, Pyrogentix said:

A Wad i am currently working on.

Now that's a good first post.

50 minutes ago, Gez said:

Completely pointless linguistic digression: "trove" is not a noun, but an adjective. It means "found" in Old Norman (where adjectives are after the noun they modify, like in French; instead of before, like in English). The phrase "treasure trove" means "found treasure" and is a juridic concept in English law, being part of a number of other expressions in Law French.

OK.

Oculus Home 2.0 entered public beta today. Without a keyboard mapped to VR it's not super useful, but this was fun:

g16g9VP.png

"Finished" my JoM5 map; after 5 hours I just don't feel like really detailing it, so it's ugly state will reflect my poor time management:

FbmVlxo.png

0iJWzDF.png

xhmzuc3.png

@Fonze I'm not the best at detailing, but may I give that one a try? I want to play with existing layouts, and that one sounds good.

I again suspended development of the map for DMP to complete this:

Spoiler

cursed-realms-iced-sancruary-0004.jpg

cursed-realms-iced-sancruary-0007.jpgcursed-realms-iced-sancruary-0005.jpg

cursed-realms-iced-sancruary-0008.jpg

cursed-realms-iced-sancruary-0009.jpg

This map is made for a boom project of 32 maps, started by @Memfis, and based on a speedmap basis. If everything turns out, the project will be available closer to the end of December or earlier.

7 hours ago, EmotionalFelineinaMadstate said:

5a28d7714d8ba_youknowihadtodoittoem.jpg.bc30b4aa4a09950634a021ed2e93b83e.jpg

You know i had to do it to em.

(An attempt was made.)

holy shit lmaooooooo