Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mayomancer

CRT Gaming

I've always liked gaming on CRT monitors years ago, playing PlayStation 2 all-nighters with my friends and etc. I've been thinking about buying one just for playing some older games (like Doom) and the only thing holding me back is the space avaliable on my desk. So i wonder if anyone here still uses CRT monitor for playing games, or at least miss the times when they were common ?

Also, is there CRT's with DVI ports ? it would be nice not having to buy an adapter

I use a big CRT television for some old consoles/computers (I'm talking 8-bit microcomputers here) but for the old PC I don't much use the CRT monitor I have because it's got a weird flaw in it (one side of the picture is sort of squished in and no amount of fiddling with the monitor settings corrects it) and I'm not confident that I could fix it safely.  Wish I could though.

I still have 2 CRT TVs around that my parents still use, but I personally definitely don't miss them or feel like ever using them again. In the recent years I've started hating that format, and they were quite big (definitely not good for smaller desks) and very heavy.

Edited by Agent6

If you want to be a pro korean starcraft player, then go CRT. The 62 milliseconds faster refresh rate then the slower LCD is apperntly not a myth.