Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

I'm going to be doing a one man 6 map project I'm calling Obscene (for now at least). The first three levels will be in the rift, and the last 3 will be in purgatory. The rift levels will carry a hell-ish tech base theme and purgatory will carry an ancient evil temple theme.

I'm currently making progress on map 1 and map 6. Here are some screenshots:

5ecbAE6.png

Not much has changed here, this will be the last shot of this area I take. I added some ambient noise (wind), some crows eating some rotting meat, armor bonuses in the rift are now armor shards. Health bonuses in the rift are now small black looking stimpacks. Both health and armor bonuses give you +5 instead of +1. There's no pistol, the player starts with his fists and kick and you get a shotgun straight away.

vud6RKc.png

Slight texture re-work, added more ambient sounds. Zombieman and Shotgunner are now "ZSec" versions of themselves. I found these guys a joy to fight since they're a tad bit smarter, and they just fit the overall theme of my levels more. (Though their default dmg was insane and had to be nerfed). I've added the Rottweiler because they give it a nice Quake flair. They are weak, but very fast and take your attention away from the other threats.

lolHvEb.png

Breakable glass tech pillars, Quake crates, and all explosive barrels are now these oil drums that produce hazardous flames upon explosion.

pRqZ865.png

7aE44tf.png

YWzE1aV.png

05XuSjo.png

Light phases in and out as the base emits a demonic drone...

07RnoCz.png

The chainsaw in the rift went from a tool to a weapon designed for butchering.

ifiEBr6.png

Very early WIP of another map...

Yeah.

DZ1.jpg.ffaead874e6619c24cbddae3cd15581e.jpg

DZ7.jpg.2f03e905f57406960bb368f3189d59ea.jpg

I made a post for my WAD, wanna check it out? I've got a link to the download: 

Edited by DASI-I

I'm working away on dllDooM and have put together another before & after vid for a small room I've taking another pass over.

beforeafter1.png.4417b5412b4dc8a756cab88d1cbde30f.png

As usual it doesn't look like much, but I'm more concerned with gameplay than aesthetics at the moment.

I've been getting feedback from others outside the Doom mapping scene, but am still looking for any thoughts you would like to share!

I'm making a wad called Retribution Dawns. The wad attempts to make the levels feel interconnected, so you will go back to areas from previous levels. The current demo is comprised of six levels and one secret level.

Screenshot_Doom_20171202_120531.png.21e0d339cfae7d13c89b9ddbeff5b2c3.pngScreenshot_Doom_20171202_120956.png.1ac68cf44b9d63cef8554ed7fe749b1c.pngScreenshot_Doom_20171202_183935.png.41d4f514aeaa247ff2f6e763753a0a4a.png

iJ6Eu2d.png

yoaavTZ.png

working on that brownmap I started ages ago. I'm trying to channel what stands out to me about early-mid doom 2, but I'm not fully sure I've actually met that. It is very brown though

i feel filthy having made an 8mu border for the first time in ages

Playing with ZScript
Took me about half an hour to convert everything from DECORATE to ZScript

Screenshot_Doom_20171122_011505.png

Alright, I know its been a long while but I have an update for you all.  I am the author of a WIP called Descent Into Pandemonium and have been working on one giant map, which is now being split into 2 maps.  The orange highlighted area is the first split of the map and is near completion...the non-highlighted area has barely been texturized and is still having architecture done, but that will be my 2nd split of course.  Altogether this makes maps 9 and 10, with map 9 being around 10-20 mins of gameplay, and map 10 being about 40 mins or so of gameplay.  I have also added a new skill mode to be released when map 9 is finished.  The new skill mode adds hundreds of more monsters to each map for a chillax-like experience (more well rounded I think) and fits the large scale maps I create as an alternative to the normal amount of monsters per map.  Great for Master of Puppets, other various mods, or just a grinding experience for those who want more challenge and more slaying.  The pics for map 09 are obviously not final and have a lot of filler still.  There is much more detailing left to do but that's about all I have left to do.

2017-12-08_13-12-56.png

2017-12-04_23-16-48.jpg

2017-12-04_23-17-22.jpg

2017-12-04_23-18-12.jpg

2017-12-08_13-36-00.jpg

2017-12-08_13-37-52.jpg

2017-12-08_13-38-20.png

Edited by LordTestes

Also, here's a brief but non detailed teaser for map 10 to give you an idea of the scale of the map.  The acid bridge area is what you see if you look at the blueprint in my prior post.  Again, the textures are just filler - it will not be a brown map.  That is an imp in the distance, with a shotgun in front of it.

2017-12-07_20-27-18.jpg

2017-11-11_01-11-31.jpg

Edited by LordTestes

Spoiler

New 4 episode Ultimate Doom Megawad. Release date unknown.

3 minutes ago, Payload4367 said:

Working on a follow-up to my MegaWad,  Dark Encounters (https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/drkenctr ). Experimenting with the Dark Forces texture pack, which works well considering the wad will largely take place aboard the UAC Wasp-class planetary assault ship, The Kearsarge. With a few away missions, of course.

Screenshot_Doom_20171209_104835.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171209_105532.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171209_105850.png

Sweet!

22 hours ago, LordTestes said:

Alright, I know its been a long while but I have an update for you all. 

Nice work! The architecture of your buildings and the new textures are very nice. Do you make your own textures? If so, it's driving me crazy that the floors don't seem to match the color or brightness of the surrounding walls. I hope that's because its still WIP.

50 minutes ago, 40oz said:

Nice work! The architecture of your buildings and the new textures are very nice. Do you make your own textures? If so, it's driving me crazy that the floors don't seem to match the color or brightness of the surrounding walls. I hope that's because its still WIP.

It's because the floor texture as some other textures i'm seeing there comes from Quake 3, so there's a little clash between brightness in the Quake 3 textures and the other texture pack he's using.

It is good to have some contrast between the floor and the walls, or things could get quite disorienting.