Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AleksB

My map for the upcoming vinesauce mapping contest (if it even happens)

Hey guys.  So I spent alot of time on this wad for the 2018 vargskeletor vinesauce doom mapping contest.  Havnt heard any news about it but I made a map for it anyway cuz why not.  Probably about a good month of build time.  Was looking for some feedback on whats good and what can be changed.  I really wanted the psx doom firesky in the wad but for the life of me I couldnt figure out how to make it work so I gave up lol.  If anyone knows please tell me cuz that would make this map look alot cooler.  Any constructive criticism welcomed.  Dont be too harsh please lol.  Play in GZDOOM.  Also there is no jumping or crouching allowed.  I never use freelook, but if you prefer that, then thats fine.  Its a pretty hard map, puzzle wise.  There are alot of monsters but there is plentiful ammo everywhere.  Just keep your eyes pealed for secrets because they are REALLY beneficial.  And keep an eye out for a certain teleporter.  That is my only hint.  once you find it after struggling a little bit, youll be like oh wooooow, lol.  I appreciate all who play and try it out!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ms9ic9p7vtkr24l/MAP01.wad

Edited by AleksB

Constructive feedback: format your post in a reasonable way. All I see is a messy block of text and then a link. Check out other release threads for examples. Also don't name your files things like map01.wad or untitled.wad.

He keeps saying that he is going to do it but it keeps not happening, I suspect he is putting it off after what happened last time :D Personally I won't even think about making a map for it until it's actually started, to me it doesn't make sense to do otherwise.

1 hour ago, therektafire said:

He keeps saying that he is going to do it but it keeps not happening, I suspect he is putting it off after what happened last time :D Personally I won't even think about making a map for it until it's actually started, to me it doesn't make sense to do otherwise.

What happened last time?

He got tons of maps and drug his heels in playing them for a couple months.

That said, I thought one of the goals of the project was that mappers start their maps after the contest started, so that everybody has equal time to work.

16 minutes ago, Fonze said:

He got tons of maps and drug his heels in playing them for a couple months.

That said, I thought one of the goals of the project was that mappers start their maps after the contest started, so that everybody has equal time to work.

He did, but some of the maps were far far too long and too many. Its the only time I watched him and I was happy when there were short or low quality maps.

As for starting when the contest starts... yeah dude is jumping the gun, but hey there was money involved last year so I can see why he would. Plus its a cure for boredom.

4 hours ago, geo said:

He did, but some of the maps were far far too long and too many. Its the only time I watched him and I was happy when there were short or low quality maps.

As for starting when the contest starts... yeah dude is jumping the gun, but hey there was money involved last year so I can see why he would. Plus its a cure for boredom.

I guess i did jump the gun a bit.  Just thought we woulda heard something about it at this point as we approach 2018.  He said in 2016 he was gunna do it again for 2017, but we saw how that turned out.  He seemed to enjoy doing it so im suprised hes not keeping up with it. I will say the amount of huge maps was awful. Theu were cool architecturaly, but took up way to much time. Idk i just hope he does it agaim, it was a cool thing

I suppose it was pretty amusing watching him jump endlessly and attempt to speed run all the maps as fast as humanly possible but I'd be in favor of actually playing the maps properly and commenting on them rather than treating it like a 9 to 5 that he just wanted to be over ASAP. That's the vibe I got last time and I wasn't a fan of that approach even though I find varg pretty funny. Someone like IcarusLives who actually loves Doom is a much better fit for this kind of event.

I don't think another one is coming.

Streamers have a lot of time to fill. Like the AM radio.

1 hour ago, Doomkid said:

I suppose it was pretty amusing watching him jump endlessly and attempt to speed run all the maps as fast as humanly possible but I'd be in favor of actually playing the maps properly and commenting on them rather than treating it like a 9 to 5 that he just wanted to be over ASAP. That's the vibe I got last time and I wasn't a fan of that approach even though I find varg pretty funny. Someone like IcarusLives who actually loves Doom is a much better fit for this kind of event.

I don't think another one is coming.

Dont say that lets be hopeful haha.  Maybe he will change his style of play and how he acts while playing.  Not treating it like a 9 to 5 job that is.