Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

18 hours ago, Xyzzy01 said:

GALAXIA.WAD has this midi. I seem to recall it showing up in a few other early wads as well, like Eternity and DWANGO.

And I thought I'd be so original. ;D  I checked this out and I'm kind of amazed I never played this before given that I started in '95. I could easily pilfer the MIDI with Slade, but I'll try working with the MOD instead, which I do like better, though IIRC it has a problem looping correctly in PrBoom, an unfortunately common annoyance.

I sometimes wonder whether I should stop posting metal music in this topic since there's one created specifically for this :v .

Edited by Agent6

18 hours ago, Mayhem666 said:

Lyrics: Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

On 12/7/2017 at 0:08 PM, Nine Inch Heels said:

busdriver

fuck yeah, love this guy. Temporary Forever is an incredibly fun album overall, and it's interesting to see how off-the-rails he got with each subsequent release:

2 hours ago, Master O said:

Lyrics: Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Actual lyrics : TOAROAROAOAAORO AWOAWRAORAOWROA RORARRRRRRR

8 hours ago, Agent6 said:

I prefer Shadowthrone over Nemesis Divina.

And Dark Medieval Time is even more better than Nemesis Divina.

Just now, Mayhem666 said:

And rrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrr is better than TOAROAROAOAAORO AWOAWRAORAOWROA

2 hours ago, Mayhem666 said:

Yes indeed, with that song in particular. May very well be Satyricon's best song ever. Really wish their post-Nemesis Divina material was as memorable, uplifting and inspiring like their early stuff... but then such changes in direction are not something uncommon for me...

Meanwhile, DFM is my favorite Immortal album and one of my favorites in the entire genre actually. Nothing beats the atmosphere on this album for me. Listening to any song from this album carries me into a dark forest in an ancient, dusty castle where a blood moon shines and bestial winds howl eternally. It's albums like this that remind me so often why (old school) black metal is my favorite genre and why the atmosphere and feelings invoked into the listener are such an important aspect of this dark art. You know, I'm so glad I discovered the genre all those years back, I'll always be grateful to Inquisition, Immortal, Emperor, Judas Iscariot, Craft, early Enslaved, early Bathory, Celtic Frost, Hellhammer, Enthroned, Burzum, Azaghal, Limbonic Art, and many more.

"North black hordes storm
Through invincible cyclones of frost winds,
I lift my hands
And join the ceremonial circle of one wind.
Eyes of stone now sleep into eternal night,
This winter is forever.
A wind of red I rode,
A wind of evil cold."

Edited by Agent6

I can't get enough of Richard Dawson's album from this year, Peasant.

Ogre is an early standout, but is one of many excellent tracks. Very strange, medieval themed character sketches a la Chaucer's Canterbury Tales. Maybe that's a pretentious description, but the music is really fun. Some of the descriptions of life back then are quite lurid and disgusting.