Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Misty

Pigeon Speedmapping 3 -- 50 Christmas Pigeons(idgames link in the first post)

Attention everyone. 1 hour and 20 minutes left for the beginning of the second session!!!

Um, can I start on my map an hour early? I only have enough time to work on a map between now and 3 so I would really like to get enough time to work on it as possible :(

Can't connect to Discord right now so I'll ask here:

Does the map size limit follow the 1024-ish rule set where you can have inaccessible things (like scenery) outside the map boundary?

Yes. You can do that as long as you can't surpass 3072 units or make a map less than 1024 units.

Ok, 5 minutes left and this is the bonus theme:

• Draw a signature area outside of the map to identify the mapper. It can be your username, your avatar....anything that makes you unique!!!

That's all for now....good luck for all mappers in the second session

And it starts now!!!

Edited by leodoom85

The Gift Storage Facility

xnelBrR.png

Build Time: 3h

Music: "Air" by Stewboy

Themes: 1,2,3, for 4 i didn't care to make a signature so i just drew something Christmassy

QtSJRYX.png

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ant9lar75wo7jdh/pigeonmap-v2.wad

Name: Bloodshot Ice
Music: "Opel" from "Doomguy Lost His iPod" by Viscra Maelstrom
Build time: 2 hours
Description: Due to Twilight Sparkle messing up a spell, an UAC outpost has been teleported into the vicinity of Jotunheim, the dwelling of giants. Luckily the inhabitants are out, but their servants don't take well to unexpected visitors. You were taking a smoke break when the incident happened and now you're locked out of the building... can this day get any worse?

Theme: 2 (teal textures)

Compatibility: Boom

Edited by JudgeDeadd : name+music+v2 link

Didn't finish this one. Got a little bit ambitious and made no actual progress in two hours.

goshdarnheck.zip

It was gonna be set in a spaceship getting attacked by demons in sort of an Icarus-style thing.

Don't include in any compilations of course

Alright, I forgot to mention that you'll all have couple of days to fix all issues or include some details or missing things. 

So here is what I managed to get through with on my map. I kind of overestimated the amount of time I personally had to work on it so I tried to make a kind of larger map than last time and well I was able to get the basic structure down but it is pretty lacking in the texture and thing placement dept... like the entire second half of the map just has the default wall texture (except for the exit) and there aren't very many enemies where there should be much more. So suffice it to say I really don't really consider it to be in much of a playable state but it is finishable and I wanted to submit a map so I could finish it later so here it is

Name: Wish You A Merry Death

Build time: a little less than 2 hours

Themes: purple textures

trf_pigeon3_1.zip

Screenshot_Doom_20171209_182434.png.49d19b842220a392b61aa93c2081ecfe.png

Map: Nuclear Winter

Build Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes

Music: Map03 from PLutonia 2

Themes: 1, 2, 4

There are two custom textures (not animated) that I used (ripped from Lunatic). They're included in the wad itself.

Ok.....if anyone haven't submitted the maps yet, I'll give an extra 20 minutes for this time only, starting now. 

Guess the time of submissions was over for a while....so busy that I forgot about it :D
Well, now it's time for the necessary fixes and bug-squishing...

Version 2: noisy_pigeon3_v2.zip see version 3 in next post

Name: Santa's Secret Sugarplum Juice - Drilling Station

Themes: Purple!; Author Sig; almost inside 3072x but pretty much in bounds

Midi: Wizards of the Winter - Trans Siberian Orchestra.

Note: I am stupid and don't know how skies work.  For some reason the skies in the exit battle-room don't render.  Can someone look at the issue for me?

Edited by NoisyVelvet

yah.  it's not a sky transfer issue, it's an elementary issue with a skybox not working at all.  do i need to raise the ceiling by 1 unit? change the brightness, etc?  it's one of those things.  apparently I've been getting lucky with skies this whole time and taking it for granted.  I'll look into it a bit

@NoisyVelvetI found a possible issue on your map and it's related to the size of your map. Are you sure that the playable area have less than 3072*3072? If no, then I recommend you to fix that please. And, for everyone, I'll remind you that you have until tomorrow at 5:00 pm EST to submit the fixes. 

The lower right Cybie room is barely out of bounds I believe, and could be "tucked in" to put it into the boundary; it's 3072x in spirit, but I it barely misses the mark because I rushed the final room.  For txt file in this case, I guess you could scrub that one theme off and just go with the other two themes:

"Purple Textures" and "author signature" or whatever.

edit: to clarify, I think it's best to leave the map as is, version 4