Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TurrboAnklet

Which monster is the most "satisfying" to kill?

pinkie bois

their death sound is so satisfying that it even includes the sound of their bodies hittin the floor

Knocking down multiple zombiemen with a single SSG blast. Alternatively, you can use a rocket launcher, or even BFG(!), against tens of zombiemen to cover the floor with bloody mess. Those gibbing sounds are the music to my ears.

The player. That sadistic monster murders thousands of us per life. wtf! Seriously overpowered.

30 minutes ago, Voltcom9 said:

BFG spamming a room of Zombiemen.

I'm not sure there is anything more therapeutic than that in Doom. 

hearing the crunchy and exquisite sound of crushed monsters in PSX Doom after killing a lot of monsters in that same crushing area?

To me, killing multiple Revenants with the Rocket Launcher. Bonus point if they're crowded on a ledge or a vantage point.

Also killing Imps with a Berserk pack.

And just in general, killing enemies with low enough mass that causes them to fly off cliffs or high ground.

Any monster that portrays a considerable threat is always satisfying to kill. Then monsters like archviles or former humans that are usually priority targets, but only when the rest of the enemies still have a high chance to knock me off if I get distracted. 

When it comes to specific monsters using specific weapons, I have a soft spot for the RL against zombiemen or shotgunners, and the BFG for archviles. One shotgun shot for chaingunners/imps is another pleasant situation. I also like killing mid-tiers mixed in waves, feels satisfying to see them dying in packs. A close 1 on 1 against a cyberdemon without a BFG is another glad situation, and a close 1 on 1 against a spiderdemon without a BFG too, if I'm over 100 hp for sure. 

One BFG shot to kill an Arch-Vile and a small horde of other enemies like say Revenants or Chaingunners. A nice combination to get back at the Arch-Vile for reviving the ones I already killed.

Removing groups of Chaingunners with the rocket launcher or BFG. That and the chunky squishy sounds of the Mancubus dying.

Mowing a bunch of zombiemen and sergeants with the SSG is incredibly satisfying. 

Arachnotrons and Hell Knights.

I find the death sound and animation of the Hell Knights to be deeply satisfying. But turning a bunch of Imps and Chaingunners to ashes with the rocket launcher kinda works too.

All of them are satisfying for me when I immediately kill them and save afterwards. Then, when I need to load a game I look at the thumbnail and say "Hey, that's where I'm at! I killed this one!". Bonus points if I kill multiple enemies at the same time as I save.

My true zen is the super shotgun vs. a horde of demons. The rhythm is gonna get you...

I also agree with arch-viles in high skill ceiling levels

19 minutes ago, Gez said:

The mancubus death sound is the funniest.

Yep, animation-wise, manc wins. 

The archvile wins the "I'm glad that douchebag is dead" award, however. 

I just love killing lots of Shotgunners with a single rocket or a SSG, or strafing a bunch of revenants with the chaingun just to explode all the rockets on a wall after i'm finished with them. As for the most annoying enemies, i'd say the cacodemon as they are a very low threat but still is a huge bullet sponge, they're just boring most of the time.

There's something very satisfying about watching a Mancubus just melt off its skin after it dies, leaving its bloody bones. Don't know why, but I just revel in that every time.