Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
⇛Marnetmar⇛

The police are holding you at gunpoint.

They are yelling inconsistent commands at you, and tell you to shut up when you ask for clarification. What are you supposed to do to survive the encounter?

Suppose you lay stomach-down on the ground with your legs crossed and your arms held out as far from your body as possible with your fingers spread out. Can you still be shot?

its quite scary that there are officers with completely insufficient training, being given weapons that can easily kill or hurt people, and theyre meant to be PROTECTING citizens!

40 minutes ago, rehelekretep said:

its quite scary that there are officers with completely insufficient training

Damn, that's what we were missing all along. We forgot to include a "don't murder people" slideshow in the police academy! Looks like we just found the solution to police violence.

"AM I BEING DETAINED?!"

"AM I BEING DETAINED?!"

"AM I BEING DETAINED?!"

"AM I BEING DETAINED?!"

"AM I BEING DETAINED?!"

"AM I BEING DETAINED?!"

Accuse the nearest cop of being an impostor. This will cause a loyalty cascade where each cop tries to arrest the other for unlawfully arresting an officer after attempting to arrest the non-false false officer. I then escape during the ensuing thermonuclear arrest explosion.

Comply with the cop's demands. If you feel the cop used obsessive force or you were arrested without proper cause, sue the city. Getting rich is a lot better than being beaten.

Odds are, complying will keep you alive. Even power hungry cops aren't typically stupid enough to kill someone who isn't resisting or showing any signs of aggression. If it happens to you, you're incredibly unlucky.

35 minutes ago, MetroidJunkie said:

Odds are, complying will keep you alive. Even power hungry cops aren't typically stupid enough to kill someone who isn't resisting or showing any signs of aggression. If it happens to you, you're incredibly unlucky.

1bCYAKy.png?1

Spoken like a true mayosapien.

I don't know if you've been watching the news the last few years but cops are out for blood and they will cover for each other. Your only protection is a camera.

Or you could keep licking them boots, see how far that gets you.

Or you're just an alarmist using the cherry-picked examples as an indictment against cops on the whole. Have you ever actually talked to cops in your local area? I promise you they're human just like you are. Most of these news reports of cops shooting someone down felt threatened for their lives, whether or not it's justified is up for debate but very few cops kill someone because they're having some kind of power trip. Stay where you are, keep your hands where they can see them, and don't make any sudden movements. Being polite helps, too.

Every example of police brutality is unacceptable. It's not as if this is some kind of epidemic like some seem to think it is, though. The likelihood of being killed by the police - regardless of your race or gender - is so, so infinitesimally low. Outrage over police brutality is justified, especially when the cop isn't fired or arrested, or even worse, is given paid holiday, but let's not pretend any more than a small percentage of cops are like this.

Cops who act out of line need to be given harsher punishments, no doubt about that, but the idea that the police force is just some monolithic hive of evil is frankly absurd.

1 hour ago, MetroidJunkie said:

Or you're just an alarmist

Lol, ya ok. There are so many dirty cops, if for any reason they want to kill you, they can and it's very likely they'll get off scot free. Don't make me start linking videos. There are a ton of cops that deserve nothing less than lethal injection.

As soon as a cop holds me at gunpoint for any reason, I would kneel and place my hands on my head and stay still. Answer any questions they ask honestly. Don't panic, don't speak unless spoken to. Full cooperation. I'd imagine that would get me out of it safely, so long as I didn't actually do anything wrong.

Trying to shoot them first is the surest way to die.

When a cop kills or beats somebody, it is news because it is so rare. You don't hear on the news about the overwhelming majority of police encounters in which nobody is injured.

Am sure the op is asking because of this video from a few days ago.

Spoiler

Edit : Well I read op as if they said arms on the floor. Both situations are horrible. 

Edited by Pegg

Um... I don't believe what I've just seen.

Well, with all the crap going on around here, at least something as alarming and disturbing as this is yet to happen, and I hope it won't.

I am too scared to watch that video. Isn't stuff like that illegal?

My country may have a ton of problems but at least stuff like this doesn't happen very often. I'm sure the majority of cops in the US are ok but something is definitely wrong over there. Is violent crime really such a big problem in the US that police officers are constantly on edge? Never heard of police brutality in my country and it's pretty corrupt around here. Maybe I am missing something. I live in a small-ish town of 150k people and I never felt unsafe around here, even at night.

Even if you have to shoot a violent perp, why can't they just shoot in a non-lethal area? It should only be lethal if they are still being a danger. 

20 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

I'm sure the majority of cops in the US are ok but something is definitely wrong over there. Is violent crime really such a big problem in the US that police officers are constantly on edge?

Ok as won't kick your teeth out on the curb or shoot you? yes, most are, but you always have to be carefull, especially if you're not white. All it takes is a very simple google search you'll see endless snuff videos of cops overstepping and killing people, even more of brutal beatings for damn near no reason.

20 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

Even if you have to shoot a violent perp, why can't they just shoot in a non-lethal area? It should only be lethal if they are still being a danger.

Because the way the law is. They are legally better off killing them. It's really complicated.

6 hours ago, Pegg said:

Hide contents

Edit : Well I read op as if they said arms on the floor. Both situations are horrible. 

I'm going to be fair here, this whole event was horrible, tragic yet easily avoidable. That poor guy reached for his trousers that were falling down whilst being held at gunpoint with explicit orders to not make any sudden moves and to keep his hands where they can see them, it was a spur of the of the moment mistake that unfortunately cost him his life.

The fact that he reached for his trousers suddenly, where most weapons are typically concealed, it would've been expected that he be shot as he was reported as armed and no officer had been close enough to pat him down and confirm he was not carrying.

This should not have happened yet it is understandable that it did, as fucked up as that sounds.

34 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

m8 life isn't a videogame. There's no such thing as a non-lethal area not to mention that goes against almost all firearms training. When you shoot, you shoot to kill. 

7 hours ago, Pegg said:

Wow that is fucking bullshit, terrifying, and I'm pretty sure that cop is a psychopath. Who the fuck does that to someone they are trying to keep down? The guy was fine the first time, laying down arms and legs both out. That cop is a disgrace to humanity and deserves to be the one being put behind the bars.