Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nautkillius

Why does this appear?

Did you run an installer that associated all file extensions without asking? Or did you just click through everything without looking at what it said?

It means you can now just double click a pwad and Zandronum will automatically launch it with whatever iwad you select.

IWAD - main game data file (eg : doom2.wad), PWAD - custom data file (mods and stuff like that).

The question is whether this is even WANTED. I absolutely hate if some installer hijacks an extension without politely asking first.

WAD associate selected by default...I think whatever the installer is, everyone should see the window first before click the next/install button. :p

zandro_inst.png

Edited by Player Lin : Shit is bad(?) and I just fixed.

I think that box should be unchecked by default to consider this a 'friendly' installer.

Say what you want, but many users have NO IDEA what this means and may screw up their config.

1 hour ago, Player Lin said:

WAD associate selected by default...I think whatever the installer is, everyone should see the window first before click the next/install button. :p

Agreed on this, though. Never ever install software without reading what the installer says. Far too many have harmful options on by default.

4 hours ago, Graf Zahl said:

Far too many have harmful options on by default.

Like "Would you like our malware to infect your browser?"

47 minutes ago, Da Werecat said:

Like "Would you like our malware to infect your browser?"

I wouldn't say zandronum was malware though. Maybe zdaemon...☺