Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

In another piece of irony, this is Japanese heavy metal, but sung in English.  The entire band is Japanese, to be clear...

I see some talk about Japanese metal above, here's another band (black/thrash, and my favorite). Most of their albums are in english, except for Karisma, which is in japanese from start to finish, although they also made an alternate, english version with a different, green cover.

All their works are solid, although their early albums might be a bit difficult to get into, especially for the average listener, due to a slightly different, crazier style :v . Other notable bands are Sigh and Abigail.

And the japanese album: 

21 hours ago, Mayhem666 said:

All my respect to you for appreciating such a classic.

If you loved Battle Cry, give a shot to Warning of Danger and The Curse. These three records are the true shit man.

Thanks man!  :)

I have already listened to Warning of Danger once and it was great! Hell's Gate has an awesome riff and I also like Premonition - Termination, Red Horizon (again the guitar is amazing) and Don't fear the night (mainly the chorus, which had some powerful lyrics):

Spoiler

Learn to stand learn to fight
You know the truth you've got the right
Speak the truth don't fear the night

Can't speak about liking more of the songs now, because I always have to listen a song at least 2 times to appreciate it (this was the case with Hallowed be thy name, for an example)

Now, the Curse remains.

35 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

YESSSS respect dude!! One of my favorite (melo) black metal band ever. Theres absolutely no bad tracks on all their material.

Man, those melodies are mind blowing.

1 hour ago, ShotgunDemolition said:

Thanks man!  :)

I have already listened to Warning of Danger once and it was great! Hell's Gate has an awesome riff and I also like Premonition - Termination, Red Horizon (again the guitar is amazing) and Don't fear the night (mainly the chorus, which had some powerful lyrics):

Hide contents

You know the truth you've got the right
Speak the truth don't fear the night

Can't speak about liking more of the songs now, because I always have to listen a song at least 2 times to appreciate it (this was the case with Hallowed be thy name, for an example)

Now, the Curse remains.

I'm like that too, I always like few songs on the album at first, then I got to listen to all of them a bit later and the album becomes one whole great piece when I really dig it, even if it can take some time. The Curse won't disappoint you at all if you liked both other records. I was addicted to Omen because of its magnificent catchy choruses and lyrics as well, even if USPM is probably one my favorite genre. This song got me on The Curse at first.

Spoiler

Don't separate yourself from your dreams
Do what you must to survive
Don't give up and don't give in
You must keep your dream alive
Do what you must to survive

The chorus is epic.

Not to rain on your parade, but, changing the atmosphere and style for a sec, @Mayhem666 you might be interested in/like this. I've known them for a long time, but coming back to the "oldies" is always good. I also really like the logo they had (I pay attention to all details), and the cover is extremely similar to what would be used on Satanic Warmaster's Ondskapens makt / Forgotten Graves. They have split up after their singer died, but reformed as Dark Sonority a few years later.

@Agent6When it comes to music, well even with videogames at this point, i'm an oldie person. It's more like a habit and personal preference for the authenticity and production quality-wise of the music in the 80-90s, especially when it comes to Metal.

8 hours ago, Mayhem666 said:

@Agent6When it comes to music, well even with videogames at this point, i'm an oldie person. It's more like a habit and personal preference for the authenticity and production quality-wise of the music in the 80-90s, especially when it comes to Metal.

Same, only that I don't play as many games today as I used to due to time constrains and other problems, but most that I do are generally oldies or classics. Both video games and music used to have something special in the past which is sorely missed from nowadays' stuff.

So of course, when it comes to music, I prefer the old school style of metal as well (doesn't apply to black metal as much as it used to though, but it strongly does to death metal), and I rarely I like something with very good production which, interestingly, tend to have shit vocals (Immolation's latest album, Atonement along most of their releases, Vader's albums, or Ouroboros' are some of the exceptions to the rule). 

Now then, onward to more old school stuff xdd. I'm hoping their next album will be at least on part with Den Svarte and Djevelens evangelie, Kaosmakt sucked (a very similar situation to Craft's Void. 3 misanthropic masterpieces infused with rock on Fuck the Universe, and then bullshit. Well, at least Void still had a couple of top notch (and mad) songs, such as I Want to Commit Murder).