Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sr.Min798

Question about making a doom server

Hello there folks!:D

Recently I've been feeling kinda sad because I realized nobody I know played at least Doom with me. Later on the day I asked an special friend if she wanted to play it and she agreed to it (I'm in tears of joy, sorry if this sounds cringy or something like that, but nobody ever agreed to my petition to play it with me) so.. my question is, what should I download and what are the steps should I follow in order to make a private server and that person able to search that server? 

(btw I'm sorry to waste y'all of your time on the little story..)

P.D: I accept every kind of help n_n

P.D2: I would also like to know if I can like, put a wad into the server ex: Me and my friend playing Brutal Doom

Brutal doom? Well, you'd be wanting zan at the very least... so you might as well start here: https://allfearthesentinel.net/

this service will put up a free server for you on zandronum. All the steps are there; to make it private, to set a connecting password and enable it.

Alternatively you could use zdoom or gzdoom peer-to-peer connections but i'm not sure how that works.

17 hours ago, Decay said:

Brutal doom? Well, you'd be wanting zan at the very least... so you might as well start here: https://allfearthesentinel.net/

this service will put up a free server for you on zandronum. All the steps are there; to make it private, to set a connecting password and enable it.

Alternatively you could use zdoom or gzdoom peer-to-peer connections but i'm not sure how that works.

Man, you don't know how thankful I'm with you :,D I'll try to run it in a little while or tomorrow, again, thank you :).