Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
paja

Rescue of Earth

On 14.12.2017 at 3:14 PM, stru said:

Where tf do you guys live that 1GB download is problematic? 

+1GB for projects such as this one is plain absurd, no matter where you live. If you look at (G)ZDoom projects that have a full custom soundtrack in mp3 (shadows of the nightmare realm, or lilith), those aren't even a tenth of the volume of this here project, and I find it to become progressively more of an issue that people don't trim their projects such as to not make people download stuff that actually isn't needed at all.

8 hours ago, stru said:

Hi Paja. I'm interested in checking this out. Please try to upload it without the copyright infringement, and try using a different file host. Even Google Drive or something ffs. 

those links that are up there are. Without iwad it's legal I personally deleted it

10 hours ago, scifista42 said:

Also Doom*

you fight on the mars so that it does not repeat again doom 2, doom 2 is hell on earth no

7 minutes ago, Da Werecat said:

So. Who actually played this?

I because since  gave it a manual,

Now the download became a *.exe file? Last time that I downloaded an *.exe file must have been somewhere in the mid nineties.....

Your project looks really cool and interesting, but still i'm not motivated to DL your project.

2 minutes ago, grrfield said:

Now the download became a *.exe file? Last time that I downloaded an *.exe file must have been somewhere in the mid nineties.....

sorry I did not know that no one is downloading a snap on the upkeep update a little give me

7 minutes ago, paja said:

sorry I did not know that no one is downloading a snap on the upkeep update a little give me

troubleshooting

On 12/15/2017 at 7:14 AM, stru said:

Where tf do you guys live that 1GB download is problematic? 

Australia, I get 50 gigs per month to use. Seems like a decent amount til you watch a couple YouTube videos..

2 hours ago, Da Werecat said:

So. Who actually played this?

I have, played as much of the first level as I could and idclev'd through the rest to see if things changed at all.

2 hours ago, Liberation said:

I have, played as much of the first level as I could and idclev'd through the rest to see if things changed at all.

Screenshot_Doom_20171216_114838_01.png

Edited by paja

On 16. 12. 2017 at 11:25 AM, Liberation said:

2 and changed 1-3 bases 4-10 hills no 11-15 basic marines at least I tried

On 14. 12. 2017 at 9:38 PM, Lüt said:

Edited by paja

2 hours ago, Pure Hellspawn said:

i find the sound of the marines constantly annoying. plus they kill the monsters for you!!!

soldiers have help but you do not mind too much, you are right in the next update to include it

The sounds of the soldiers are deleted, the other thinks it's my vision, I work on map 17

On 16. 12. 2017 at 11:25 AM, Liberation said:

level 17 Trailer may works

A couple things from watching the video:

Try utilizing more height variation; this level's layout looks like something out of wolf3d. A good example of this is how you put in multiple paths to get places, but then dead-end many with just a cheap midtex of bars or whatever; get rid of the corridor, pull rooms closer together, and raise the next path up so the barrier is height variation instead of, well, wolf3d.

Lower unpeg the lines on the sides of doors so they don't rise and fall with the door. In one instance in the video, a door had red lights as it's tracks; this was ok imo, but in many other spots the same texture as the rest of the walls is used and it just looks bad rising and falling with the door. Especially on the tiny sections of wall in the spot with the barrels on the conveyor.

Pressure players from more angles than just the front; as it is the action here looks to be a mix between doorway camping and long, straight corridor shooting. 

The custom assets you've added look nice, but don't let all the new, frivolous stuff (read: icing on the cake) take your focus off making a solid, tasty foundation to play with (read: the cake). This doesn't look fun to play at all, nor does it tantalize exploration.

As stated before, rescure isn't a word, you want rescue. 

On 20. 12. 2017 at 1:53 AM, Pure Hellspawn said:

Edited by paja

first and original maps were built time when there was not even doom 3 when their reconstruction was increased their length it is up to map 5 thank you for the cover every one fits slowly learn to build better levels the old ones are supplemented

thank you on map 17 I've spent a lot of time since December

So I'm getting better, I'm trying to figure out the best detail for me

Edited by paja