Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Optimus

Doom years resolutions.

Your new years resolution concerning Doom. Personal projects, habits, Doom ports you never finished, WADs you have in a list to play, whatever else.

mine:

1) Stop savespamming (maybe assign the save key to something else I will not use out of habit)

2) Detox from Brutal Doom

3) Start some new series of youtube videos with let's blind play random WADs or other challenges, so I'd rather not savespam there and only present them without extra mods.  So 1 and 2 come handy.

4) Might want to get back hacking with the 3DO Doom code base at some point.

5) Last year I wanted to make a megawad but didn't even started. Not sure I'll have time this year, other priorities.

1) Stop savescumming.

2) "Git gud" so to speak. As in, be able to beat Doom 2 on Nightmare like everyone else lol.

3) Play more community WADs.

my resolution is to get a vanilla community project going where both adventure mappers and slaughter mappers are welcome

I worry I don't really have the reputation to start it though :P whenever I've joined other community projects I've run out of steam real quick

1. Play "Thy Flesh Consumed" on HMP or higher
  2. Stop referencing Doom when the topic is otherwise
  3. Finally beat Doom 2
  4. Play The Ultimate Doom on Nightmare
Edited by _42_

For once I actually managed to keep my resolutions from last year:

On 12/19/2016 at 7:21 PM, Eris Falling said:

Maybe I'll make another map. And some midis

1.8 maps (Mayhem17 MAP08, ErisTNT MAP01)

27 MIDIs (13x Panophobia, 6x Rebirth MIDI Pack, 4x Standalone, 3x The Given, 1x Maskim Xul) + the release of Revilution with several ancient works.

So I think - as far as contributions to this community goes - this has been my best year since I joined. For next year I just hope to continue that, but it would be nice to get quicker and better at mapping too. Maybe actually play Doom a bit more often as well.

1)Release Doomed in Space

2)Make something fun and original

Lofty goals here!

be able to beat Doom 2 on Nightmare like everyone else lol

Nightmare? That would make you well and truly a pro Doomer, my friend. I can't even come close to beating it on Nightmare!

start a community project

i have many ideas for interesting gimmicks, one somewhat relevant to this thread being a project based entirely around nightmare difficulty

original idea donut steel

Make and release a mapset, and I could probably change the way I make maps in a way that I don't lose interest that easily.

1. More playing

2. Stream

3. Make a status bar

4. Learn to map

5. Map

6. Express my ideas in a short set

7. Dead simple

8. Start a megawad

9. Join a community mapset like JOM or ACP

10. Beat the IoS legally

1. Finish Main UAC Hangar
2. Probably start another Industron map after Main UAC Hangar

3. Finish all preparations in Hunter's Moon for it's true campaign and start that god damn thing already

In a sense I have already had one where I have finally been playing Doom again after a long hiatus, but more specifically with multiplayer.

Edited by Avoozl

1) Release at least one of the multiple mapsets I'm working on.

2) Stop losing interest in my maps so damn fast.

I would like to see projects like Back to Saturn X E3, TPH and Devilution get released this year hopefully. 

Maybe participate in a small community project since I have so many unused layout laying around with no real purpose. 

Maybe try and give some people help in the Editing section, or doing WAD reviews although I'm not native English speaker.

My resolution is to learn to stop running INTO projectiles. I have a weird, nasty habit whenever I see a rocket to just plant my face right in front of it. That and for once play a proper, singleplayer game of Doom from start to finish, rather than hosting a coop game for a little bit. Maybe even unbind F6 entirely while I'm at it, and disable autosaves so I play it legacy-style. No weapon return on death!

EDIT: Maybe even make a map or two later on. I've been fiddling around in Doombuilder lately.

I only have 2 resolutions:

1; stop rushing into the middle of monster hordes all the time, especially in TNS

and 2; actually put effort into projects instead of crying over being shit at mapping. Maybe resume working on Destination Aquarius while I'm at it.

2 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Nightmare? That would make you well and truly a pro Doomer, my friend. I can't even come close to beating it on Nightmare!

I barely got through most of Doom II on Nightmare with the Powerslave mod, which gives you much more powerful than vanilla weapons.

I only have one and that's to be more active in Doom multiplayer. I dunno why I stopped to begin with when I had a blast and didn't encounter the typical bullshit found in newer multiplayer games.

If not the ceo and president, I'd like to at least become doomworld's most revered and exalted member by 2019.

1. Make, complete, and release a mapset with Metallica midi's for Doom

2. Play up to Icon of Sin (Doom II)

3. Rise to popularity by 2020

To figure out how to get 100% of the Secret on every level on Doom original :)

1.) Make a mod (be it gameplay, map, TC/megawad, or even just music pack)

2.) Help fellow Doomers develop their mod(s).

1.) Maintain Eagle in a much better and nicer way. 

2.) Finish at least 10 more maps for my current project. 

3.) Finish the OST of my current project. 

4.) Actually participate in community projects. 

5.) Top 15 in DWIronman League next year :D

1.Play maps on UV skill and try improve my gameplay skills. 

2.Record some miscallenous demos for random maps.

3. Review more maps for new stuff chronicles(unless it get removed or cleaned for fresh start)

4. Improve mapping skills more. 

5. Finish one map called "boiling caves" and release it, even if it gets negative response.

6. Idk, it's very unrelated, but I need stop overreact at some things :"")

1. make a map or two
  2. do more uv-max demos, maybe try to get a record on DSDA
  3. play more competitive Doom online, maybe beat @Decay in a duel ;-)
  4. play more of the classic and/or noteworthy WADs.
7 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

7. Dead simple

Ha! That's gold!! :-D