Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anotak

Cacowards 2017 discussion (24 years)

1 minute ago, Major Cooke said:

And yet in his statement I see nowhere an attack on the mod author himself.

I'm sorry? A call for stigmatizing the author as a loser is not an attack on them? Okay, Sarah Sanders.

3 hours ago, Major Cooke said:

This thread. As I said, I'm not dragging his past in. He could have shaped up and learned his lesson from it.

Then why is he still trying to drag the mod through the mud? I don't know if you don't understand people or if this is some weird subtle trolling attempt, but for somebody to change, they need to actually act differently.

Thread shitting the mods thread before and after the cacowards, this thread itself, and then a somewhat unrelated thread, all for the same mod, doesn't really speak "changed man" any any sense of phrase.

Edited by Edward850

I'm another late arrival to the party, but allow me to congratulate all the winners. And a special shout-out to Dobu for winning his well-deserved MOTY. 

As a charter member of The Doomworld Geritol League, I enjoy seeing new mappers bring fresh perspectives to our beloved hobby. Dobu is without doubt one of the most innovative and original mappers out there. He combines a remarkable eye for artistic use of Doom assets with a raw brutality that leaves me feeling oppressed, beaten-up, tortured and savagely violated, yet somehow happy and still defiant. And that's on HNTR! ;D And while he might not seem "new" at this point, to someone from the Doom Paleolithic Era like myself, the idea that any mappers came along after 2005 is remarkable in itself. May it long continue.

On the issue of article length, I'm fine with somewhat more longwinded commentaries in the award ceremony. The mappers put tremendous effort and long hours into these projects, and luckily, we have a set of writers who excel at analysis mixed with jokes, good descriptions, and interesting summations of a mapper's career. I'm totally happy with all the write-ups for 2017.

On 12/16/2017 at 4:43 PM, anotak said:

the only reason i ever even ended up around here, and making a mod like lilith.pk3, was because i knew RottKing in an unrelated IRC room.

Wow, I knew it! That "the chaingun!!!!!" pickup message from lilith.pk3 wasn't a mere coincidence after all lmao

I, for one, greatly look forward to your next projects. Keep in mind that those supporting your work vastly outweigh those who try to undermine it.

^I never thought that mock2's most ludicrous maps would resurface as as the most avant-garde experimental high-art Doom wads several years later.