Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Untamed64

Kate Fox has passed away

I don't know much about nearly anybody in the DOOM community since my hiatus, but I feel sorry for her death as well.

Never knew her or seen her on the boards, but regardless, such a shame. RIP Kate Fox.

And the paranoid wannabe detective in me reads this...

52 minutes ago, Untamed64 said:

nobody knows what started the fire...

...living with another fellow ZDoom community member, BouncyTEM. The residence was his family's home- and he has lost more than just everything. Bouncy has been severely traumatized with the horror that has befallen his family, on top of the loss of his best friend.

Not to be rude or insensitive, but this sounds a bit off to me. Said she was living with him, but why wasn't he there too? Sorry if this offends anyone, just honestly trying to piece things together. As soon as I hear about tragedy, I immediately start looking for motives and suspects. More often than not the cause is not just some accident. If it wasn't an accident, we gotta figure it out.

^ This doesn't seem like the time nor the place to discuss this.

Condolences to everyone involved in this tragedy.

I don't know how to properly express how disheartening this news is. She used to frequent the #jetsons and #noteternityenginerelated IRC channels back in the day, and I could tell she was a genuinely intelligent, fun, and caring person. My condolences to her family.

19 minutes ago, Nevander said:

Never knew her or seen her on the boards, but regardless, such a shame. RIP Kate Fox.

And the paranoid wannabe detective in me reads this...

Not to be rude or insensitive, but this sounds a bit off to me. Said she was living with him, but why wasn't he there too? Sorry if this offends anyone, just honestly trying to piece things together. As soon as I hear about tragedy, I immediately start looking for motives and suspects. More often than not the cause is not just some accident. If it wasn't an accident, we gotta figure it out.

They lived in two buildings - she was in the one that burned down, while Bouncy and his mom lived in the other. They were still in the middle of cleaning up to get her moved in proper, though we don't know if that would've worked as she had a cat allergy and, well, they have cats.

Nothing sinister here.

Holy shit, this is horrible to hear about. I'm not sure what exactly to say, but I offer my condolences and hope that Bouncy recovers. This is shocking.

I don't recall interacting much with Kate, but she was highly talented and esteemed, and to go out that way is just... Fuck. I literally cried for a bit, it's a lot to take in, especially so unexpected. I was feeling fine, then my mood dropped like a rock.

We'll never get any more works from Kate, but she has a vast portfolio. If it's any comfort, artists live on through their work. She didn't die without leaving a legacy.

Edited by Blastfrog

I considered Kate an online friend for a long time; still remember her first patch to make EE compile on BSD. Never would have guessed something like this would happen ever. Super sad.

This news is heart-wrenching to say the least. I never got to know Kate Fox personally, but she has a volume of works that speaks for itself, and it is unquestionable the impact she has had on much of our community. My condolences to her loved ones, her friends, and her fellow collaborators. May she live on through her work, and may she live on in the hearts of those who were close to her. Rest in peace, Kate Fox.

Not exactly the best way to go out. Never knew her but you got my condolences.

RIP

I remember I watched the beta version of PokeDOOM on Youtube. That was undoubtedly one of the most brilliant doom mods I've seen.

RIP. May god rest her soul in peace.

I can't say I knew who she was but she was clearly very well loved in life and in the community. Bless her.

RIP Kate.

Very saddened to hear this. The community has lost too many loved ones this year. Rest in peace. :(

I'm sorry to hear that another Doomer has died, my condolences to her friends and family and I hope that she rests in peace.

Holy christ the cause of death is much worse than I had imagined. BouncyTEM must be horrified. There's nothing you could have done, man. None of this was your fault. You had the best intentions and thats all that mattered.

"At 3:30AM, the building she was sleeping in caught on fire overnight. Alongside her were numerous computers, forms, paintings and files being stored there. By the time her house mates learned of the situation, she had already passed."

I did not know her or even know much about her contributions, but it's always sad to hear about people untimely passing this way. Such incidents were on the rise in the recent past here, but luckily only on rare occasions they resulted in tragedies.

Either way, In Memoriam Kaitlyn Fox.

Rest in Peace Kate. :(

I Never interacted with her but her contributions to The community makes her an important part of the Doom family.