Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

56 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

As for the colours being dark, it could potentially have have been the printer's software which processed your images not handling the RGB colourspace very well when converting to CMYK.

It sounds like you know more about these things than I do. I’d love a proper-looking final product, so if your results are different when you finally get around to it let me know what path you take.

that is probably the best instance I've seen of rock textures matching the mountains in the sky. looks excellent

1 minute ago, Tango said:

that is probably the best instance I've seen of rock textures matching the mountains in the sky. looks excellent

I took (from Google, not from Mars) an actual Martian image and used it to make that texture, and another to make the sky. I wanted to go for authenticity!

7 hours ago, Tango said:

Those dark pink pixels though.

haha yeah except for those. looks like maybe a slight playpal tweak could be in order there to allow for the perfect marsy colors

4 hours ago, NaZa said:

MAP05: Infested of 1monster, after the huge horde.

Screenshot_Doom_20171220_100556.png

Wow, haven't though about that map in a long time, was co-authored by me and macro. A long time ago...

Playing through Sunlust for the first time and loving it so far but I've encountered this weird bug where the floor "bleeds" into my view no matter from where I look at it. I'm using the latest version of Zdoom. It was on MAP09. Not a big deal, just wondering what might've causes that.

Screenshot_Doom_20171220_171035.png

heart%20urn%203.png

tempul of love

edit: this was an undetailed dark passage until I realised I was luring Barons in here to be punched to death one at a time so now there are three hundred unnecessary sectors here too

Edited by yakfak

10 hours ago, A.Gamma said:

Because... why not?

giphy.gif

Wat? How? Is that boom-compatible or GZdoom?

6 minutes ago, Jaska said:

Voodoo doll script + a lot of trigger numbers. All sectors are rebuild exactly in time between story 2 and story 1... or maybe silent teleport

2 hours ago, NinjaLiquidator said:

Voodoo doll script + a lot of trigger numbers. All sectors are rebuild exactly in time between story 2 and story 1... or maybe silent teleport

I have an unreleased map where I tried that, it took me 137 tags to create the illusion and it tends to breaks easily, so never again. 

2 hours ago, Jaska said:

It's GZdoom, it's a simple illusion really; you step into the elevator press use and it activates a script, the script will then lower the floor of the elevator and an exact clone of it in another part of the map, then it will silently teleport you into the clone elevator where you will arrive to the bottom level and a door will open; thus giving the illusion of true floor over floor.

Just now, A.Gamma said:

I have an unreleased map where I tried that, it took me 137 tags to create the illusion and it tends to breaks easily, so never again. 

It's GZdoom, it's a simple illusion really; you step into the elevator press use and it activates a script, the script will then lower the floor of the elevator and an exact clone of it in another part of the map, then it will silently teleport you into the clone elevator where you will arrive to the bottom level and a door will open; thus giving the illusion of true floor over floor.

Could this also be achieved with portals?

1 minute ago, GoatLord said:

I actually tried to, but (since I have zero experience using portals) I ran into some problems. First, while opening the door and stepping into the elevator worked great it was impossible to get the elevator to actually work because using the special 156 (Line_SetPortal) meant that no matter what you'll always exit through the same portal you came through (since the special needs two lines to work properly). 

Then I tried using special 57 (Sector_SetPortal) and while it was bitch to set up I got it working after a lot of frustration. But then I realized that it was useless, since the elevator was still a normal sector all I could really do was look down and see the portal.

As I said, I have no idea how to use portals properly and didn't found much documentation so I most likely screwed up along the way and if someone can achieve the same effect using portals it would save a lot of time on scripting :P

https://i.imgur.com/zqv7brx.gif

^ gif that wont embed showing a super duper sick WIP dehacked molotov cocktail heck yea

anyways here's an angry man on that same map (for the recycled cp, but with some alternate resources that'll be removed later, like the torches)

4MrkmNw.jpg

8 hours ago, A.Gamma said:

That's basically the same as the elevator transport system from Duke3D no? In that case a full total Duke3D conversion is close, heh.  

40 minutes ago, NaZa said:

That's basically the same as the elevator transport system from Duke3D no? In that case a full total Duke3D conversion is close, heh.  

Yeah, that's pretty much the idea behind it. I'm also using Duke3D style water because it gives me more control over the underwater areas.

10 hours ago, GoatLord said:

Easily. I'm not at my home PC so I can't run off and record a quick gif for you but I have a map using portals exactly like this to have a cave system / underground temple under the whole level. Also, it's soon to be released - Joy Of Mapping 5's hub map makes very heavy use of portals to create a multi-floor 3D house with practically no 3D floors. :)