Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mArt1And00m3r11339

Issues with Animated Textures

I was merging textures into my wad file and when placing them in order in Slade 3, it is doing weird stuff with animations. I can't even describe the situation so I'll have to give you this wad file for reference. The second file here is the footage of the issue with animation.

Dark_Energy_Glitched.zip

Animation Glitch.zip

Edited by mArt1And00m3r11339

Having not looked at the wad, I have a guess. As I understand it, the game will load the textures in alphabetical order, not the order you see in Slade. If my guess is right, you can fix your problem by renaming the textures so they are in the right order alphabetically.

Don't listen to him, I have no idea where he came up with that. I don't know for sure what was wrong, but I believe it has to do with the names/patches/textures in the TEXTURE1 and PNAMES lumps not matching up correctly with the actual textures used, which is a common mistake you can make that typically arises when you try copy/pasting the TEXTURE1 and PNAMES lumps over from a different wad instead of just making new ones (which I assume you did), which you're supposed to do.

So, ya know, I did that for ya. Now it seems like it works (there's a chance that some patches may have gotten lost, in which case, you'll have to go back to the original lumps you copy/pasted and find whatever patches you're missing and try copy/pasting specifically those over if possible and see how that plays out), but of course some textures got mixed up. Just press F3 and replace the jumbled textures with their correct counterparts (after you find them).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hzrgw6wz13iynb/dark_energy_bonnie.wad?dl=1

If you don't know how to make your own TEXTURE1 and PNAMES lumps, just go to the top of SLADE and do "Edit -> Set Base Resource Archive", set your wad (most likely doom2.wad), and then after you've imported and converted all your textures, select them all and right click, "Graphic -> Add to Patch Table", hit yes and then "Import from base resource archive:", then OK, and then right click those same textures and do "Graphic -> Add to TEXTUREx" (Make sure you only add to PNAMES and TEXTURE1 once, and make sure you don't do this for flats. Flats don't need to be added to the patch table or texture1 lumps). Yes, it's that fast.

4 hours ago, bonnie said:

Don't listen to him, I have no idea where he came up with that. I don't know for sure what was wrong, but I believe it has to do with the names/patches/textures in the TEXTURE1 and PNAMES lumps not matching up correctly with the actual textures used, which is a common mistake you can make that typically arises when you try copy/pasting the TEXTURE1 and PNAMES lumps over from a different wad instead of just making new ones (which I assume you did), which you're supposed to do.

So, ya know, I did that for ya. Now it seems like it works (there's a chance that some patches may have gotten lost, in which case, you'll have to go back to the original lumps you copy/pasted and find whatever patches you're missing and try copy/pasting specifically those over if possible and see how that plays out), but of course some textures got mixed up. Just press F3 and replace the jumbled textures with their correct counterparts (after you find them).

If you don't know how to make your own TEXTURE1 and PNAMES lumps, just go to the top of SLADE and do "Edit -> Set Base Resource Archive", set your wad (most likely doom2.wad), and then after you've imported and converted all your textures, select them all and right click, "Graphic -> Add to Patch Table", hit yes and then "Import from base resource archive:", then OK, and then right click those same textures and do "Graphic -> Add to TEXTUREx" (Make sure you only add to PNAMES and TEXTURE1 once, and make sure you don't do this for flats. Flats don't need to be added to the patch table or texture1 lumps). Yes, it's that fast.

I tried pressing F3 and nothing happened. Not to mention, after hitting "Import from base resource archive:" after hitting "Graphic -> Add to Patch Table," I get an error saying that no base resource archive is opened.

3 minutes ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I tried pressing F3 and nothing happened.

in gz/doombuilder

On 12/20/2017 at 2:56 PM, bonnie said:

I think I see what the issue is. I realized that in the TEXTURE lump, FFIELDR1-FFIELDA are not together. Here's a new version of my wad if you want to look at it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/068mwesf7cp0vd4/DE.zip

Edited by mArt1And00m3r11339